Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Something Has Gone Terribly Wrong!

As noted in my most recent post to the "Can't Get Audio From Mixer" thread, I had reached a point where everything was working "well enough." Instead of just leaving it alone and moving on, I took some additional advice, opened up my settings, made a few very minor changes, and now SAW has become unusable.

Not only is my audio all crackly, but there is a hesitation at the beginning of every file that results in the first second or two being cut off. For example, a voiceover that should say "Check out the new BOSE Satellite XP..." now says "t the new BOSE Satellite XP..." If I move the file to the right on the timeline, the hesitation occurs in a dead zone and you don't hear it, but you can still see the timeline "hiccup" when you first click start.

WTF is going on?????

Default Re: Something Has Gone Terribly Wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    As noted in my most recent post to the "Can't Get Audio From Mixer" thread, I had reached a point where everything was working "well enough." Instead of just leaving it alone and moving on, I took some additional advice, opened up my settings, made a few very minor changes, and now SAW has become unusable.

Not only is my audio all crackly, but there is a hesitation at the beginning of every file that results in the first second or two being cut off. For example, a voiceover that should say "Check out the new BOSE Satellite XP..." now says "t the new BOSE Satellite XP..." If I move the file to the right on the timeline, the hesitation occurs in a dead zone and you don't hear it, but you can still see the timeline "hiccup" when you first click start.

WTF is going on?????
    Hi Tom,

Sounds like you might've set the buffer size and/or buffer number too low for your audio interface. Start with something like 1024 buffer size and 6 Out Preload Buffers. Maybe bigger/more. Once you get smooth playback, start setting those to smaller and smaller numbers. When you've gone too far (stuttering playback and/or prompts complaining about buffer overruns), bump the Preload Buffers number up two or so. Then you should be set.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Hi Tom

You have my number just give me a call
    I can help

Butch

Reading these replies Friday morning. Have to go to work now and may not get back to this until tonight or the weekend. I WILL say that I have tried several different buffer settings, but even the ones that were working before have stopped working altogether.

I uninstalled the driver, disconnected the Behringer, rebooted the computer, etc. Nothing is fixing the issue. I also tried to download and install ASIO4All, instead of the original Behringer ASIO drivers that I picked up online. However, SAW is not recognizing these.

Dammit, dammit, dammit! I should have just left well-enough alone!!!!!

Blog Entries

Hello,

Replace the interface with something that we all here KNOW that works.

I am thinking of something that works and that can be obtained easily - and used.

For example:

M-Audio FastTrack Pro: I have one and it works OK.
    Tascam US-122 MKII: I have one and it works great!
    T.C. Electronic Desktop Konnekt 6: Just got this one for $40.00.

Others can "chime-in" as well. Maybe someone here has something here to offer.

I had the same thought. If spending a hundred bucks or so will solve my delay, crackle, and file-snipping issues in one afternoon, I am all for it.

I looked at the options you suggested, es335, and none of them seem to show RCA outputs, which is what I'd prefer. What do you know about the Behringer UMC204HD? It boasts "zero latency" and sells for $80.

I had the same thought. If spending a hundred bucks or so will solve my delay, crackle, and file-snipping issues in one afternoon, I am all for it.

I looked at the options you suggested, es335, and none of them seem to show RCA outputs, which is what I'd prefer. What do you know about the Behringer UMC204HD? It boasts "zero latency" and sells for $80.
    Probably zero latency monitoring (built-in analog mixer), which means monitoring the signal before you do any processing of it in SAWStudio. Maybe that's all you need?
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Stashu View Post
    ...not robust enough to work after the power button turns it on...
    You see this as a bug, rather than a feature?
    Becket, Massachusetts

I am not home to test the onboard sound card, but I can tell you that my sound files play fine in Windows Media, or if I shift them up on the SAW timeline so that the hesitation occurs before the playback bar reaches the sound file. Wish I could describe this better.

Also, money is not a big object in fixing these issues. I will spend a couple of hundred or more if I can be rid of this stupid stress before the end of the weekend.

I am not home to test the onboard sound card, but I can tell you that my sound files play fine in Windows Media, or if I shift them up on the SAW timeline so that the hesitation occurs before the playback bar reaches the sound file. Wish I could describe this better.

Also, money is not a big object in fixing these issues. I will spend a couple of hundred or more if I can be rid of this stupid stress before the end of the weekend.
    If you can afford it, then, this is a no-brainer. Get yourself something nice. You'll be glad you did.
    Becket, Massachusetts