Close

Blog Entries

Default SAC - Link and DMX

Hello,

I am using DMXIS as a plug-in in SAW, using the Control Track with MIDI commands to trigger lighting changes. I am using the Built-In Cmds of Midi Program Change with values of 1,0 for All Off and 1,1 for Red.

When using SAW alone, all works okay.

However, when I enable SAC - Link, the Control Track no longer sends the MIDI commands. Only when SAC - Link is disabled does it work.

Interestingly, I can manually trigger the commands via the DMXIS plug-in in SAW while SAC - Link is enabled.

Any help would be appreciated.

Update: If I stop and restart the SAW session, the last MIDI command is triggered. For example, if Midi Program Change 1,1 is triggered, and even though the red light is not enabled, if I stop and restart SAW, the red light then comes on.
    Last edited by mr_es335; 03-29-2017 at 09:08 PM.

Default Re: SAC - Link and DMX

Perhaps SAC is connected to the same midi device as SAWStudio's Control Track... this might be causing the conflict.

Bob L

Blog Entries

Default Re: SAC - Link and DMX

Bob,

I know what the problem is....it is called "user error 101".

It is late...I will start afresh tomorrow.

Thanks Bob for the reply. I will keep all apprised of my progress.

Update: Yup! It was a problem with the ASIO drivers. Fixed THAT...and it fixed IT! So, all is well!

PS: What is the politically-correct term for stupidity? "Cranial Deprivation!"
    Last edited by mr_es335; 03-30-2017 at 07:21 AM.