Close

Thread: SawVstIniTool10

Default SawVstIniTool10

I just downloaded Saw vst tool to install in Saw. I would like to get superior drummer working in Saw. How do I use this Tool. Thanks Kimbo

Default Re: SawVstIniTool10

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo View Post
    I just downloaded Saw vst tool to install in Saw. I would like to get superior drummer working in Saw. How do I use this Tool. Thanks Kimbo
    I believe you can just install the 32-bit version of Superior Drummer in the default location and then add the path to the Superior Drummer VST to your plug-ins .INI file.

Don't think you need the VST tool.

If for some reason you need the 64 bit version, than you'll need something like chainer to bridge the 64-bit/32-bit divide.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

I'm not sure how to do that ! Add the path that is!

I'm not sure how to do that ! Add the path that is!
    That's where the vst tool can be handy.
    You just need to know what directory the plug-in has been installed to. Then open the vst tool, browse for that directory, adding it to the list. After that, it's a simple matter of highlighting the directory(ies) and then clicking the Build Files button.

Reopen SAW and the plug-in(s) should show up in the All Plugins group.

I have the Vst tool on my desktop un zipped . where should I extract those files? In the folder with Superior Drummer ?

I have the Vst tool on my desktop un zipped . where should I extract those files? In the folder with Superior Drummer ?
    If it's unzipped, you've already extracted the files. Sorry -- not following.

If you mean where to put the tool installation files -- you can put them anywhere, but probably not in with any particular VST. You just need a temporary spot from which to run the install executable. I usually do that in a subfolder in my downloads folder. Then I delete it, keeping the original ZIP, which takes up less space.
    Last edited by Dave Labrecque; 05-04-2017 at 11:42 AM.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Kimbo,

From the readme file in the extracted SawVstIniTool10 download (and yes, as Dave said you can install SawVstIniTool anywhere you want):

* INSTALLATION
    - Run the Setup.msi installer program.
    - Select the install location and follow the setup instructions.

And BTW, if during the install you're told you don't have "net framework" and it can be downloaded from the internet, just go here on your internet connected computer: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ils.aspx?id=26 and download the net framework program to a thumb drive (I know you don't have your studio computer on line). Pull the net framework installer onto your DAW computer from the thumb drive and run it, then run the SawVstIniTool10 setup.msi file again.
    Last edited by Richard Rupert; 05-05-2017 at 05:46 AM.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.