Close

Blog Entries

Default WOT: Ample Guitar L Demo

Hello,

Really way-off-topic here, and more-than-likely a very subjective one, as a guitarist who loves to perform in a live setting and who is finding it more and more difficult to find places to play who will actually pay - as well being able to find any kind of studio work lately, one of the local studios where I did some studio work a few years back, told me about this: Ample Guitar L Demo. This particular software also reads TAB arrangements. He then told me that he can find someone to write a TAB for a flat rate of $25.00, rather than hire a real guitarist for $75.00 per hour - which is down from the $125.00 per hour we used to get.

Note: Even as a standalone, this software sounds "pretty darn good" - at least to my ears. In a mix, I am not to sure if you would be able to hear the difference.

Interesting!..or not!

Default Re: WOT: Ample Guitar L Demo

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Hello,

Really way-off-topic here, and more-than-likely a very subjective one, as a guitarist who loves to perform in a live setting and who is finding it more and more difficult to find places to play who will actually pay - as well being able to find any kind of studio work lately, one of the local studios where I did some studio work a few years back, told me about this: Ample Guitar L Demo. This particular software also reads TAB arrangements. He then told me that he can find someone to write a TAB for a flat rate of $25.00, rather than hire a real guitarist for $75.00 per hour - which is down from the $125.00 per hour we used to get.

Note: Even as a standalone, this software sounds "pretty darn good" - at least to my ears. In a mix, I am not to sure if you would be able to hear the difference.

Interesting!..or not!
    Wow. That is impressive. I love the scrapy neck slide sounds. Pretty amazing. I've never heard sequenced guitar samples sound so real. I think there was only one little bit that sounded unnatural to me. Literally, like a fraction of a second. Never would've noticed it if I'd been listening casually.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Default Re: WOT: Ample Guitar L Demo

Dave,
    I've never heard sequenced guitar samples sound so real.
    ...I do not believe this be sequenced per se...it is actually playing off of TABs...unless I am missing something.