Close

Thread: Daw Remote HD

1. Default Daw Remote HD

I'm not sure if anybody has tried this before, but I got Daw Remote HD yesterday on my IPAD from the apple store, just to specifically try the Mackie Control Option within SS. With the combo of Apple Bonjour Print Software and rtpMIDI over wifi, I got it working successfully. It's actually pretty cool, and a perfect alternative to the actual Mackie control hardware.

this is what it looks like:

http://dawremote.com/images/sc/slide-1.jpg

Lightbulb Re: Daw Remote HD

Will it allow you to use it on SAC also?

3. Default Re: Daw Remote HD

I don't use SAC, but if SAC allows the Mackie Control as a control template, then it should work just fine. You just install Bonjour Apple software, then rtpMIDI. rtpMIDI creates a virtual midi port over wifi, and then you use that midi port as an input/output within SS. Load the Mackie Control Template, then activate control in/out within the SS settings, and it starts working perfectly. You can move all 8 faders at the same time, where as I can't with using just my touchscreen monitor.

Default Re: Daw Remote HD

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by andysharifi View Post
    I don't use SAC, but if SAC allows the Mackie Control as a control template, then it should work just fine. You just install Bonjour Apple software, then rtpMIDI. rtpMIDI creates a virtual midi port over wifi, and then you use that midi port as an input/output within SS. Load the Mackie Control Template, then activate control in/out within the SS settings, and it starts working perfectly. You can move all 8 faders at the same time, where as I can't with using just my touchscreen monitor.