Close

Thread: removing fx

1. Default removing fx

Some time ago I added some waves VST's to my sac set up which I now don't want. Now although I think I have removed them, every time on start up sac asked for the waves license key and then crashes if the license key is not plugged in. Have looked many times to see if there is still an effect somewhere, but with all those channels and all those mixers. I may have missed one, is there any quick way of removing all fx? Or has any one else had this problem who can suggest a fix?

Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: removing fx

Hugh,

If you have created a session that uses a particular plug-in you will receive an error on loading that session.

However, with any plug-ins that I have used, the session will load allowing me to remove any instance of that plug-in for that particular session. If I then resave the session, all is ok.

Are there any .ini files looking for the Waves plug-ins?

Worst case scenario, either recreate the session for re-install waves and remove any instance of the plug-in for those sessions.

Hope this helps?

Default Re: removing fx

Make sure to check any pre-patched plugins you may be using if you have created a default mix template that automatically loads plugins as a default.

Clear that default mix template or at least remove the plugins you are no longer using.

As far as Waves plugs, these are loaded from the dlls or the .ini files that are sitting the the SAC VST_Plugins folder... clear that folder to remove all instance links to any VST plugins.

Bob L

4. Default Re: removing fx

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Make sure to check any pre-patched plugins you may be using if you have created a default mix template that automatically loads plugins as a default.

Clear that default mix template or at least remove the plugins you are no longer using.

As far as Waves plugs, these are loaded from the dlls or the .ini files that are sitting the the SAC VST_Plugins folder... clear that folder to remove all instance links to any VST plugins.

Bob L
    Thanks bob i had thought of this but did not want to try it in fear of it not booting up at all! ("if its not broke not all that") I will try this today.