Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Way OT: Important SAW Data Files

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Plus, all your VSTs and VSTis will be intact.
    Not as simple as it used to be, Dave. After moving the SAW folder to a new studio system recently, a number of my newer VSTs had to be re-installed anyway. And many of the older ones still needed activation.
    Angie Dickinson Mickle

The Studio
    http://www.avocadoproductions.com/ze.../recording.htm

Chris' tribute site
    http://www.micklesong.com

Blog Entries

Angie,
    Not as simple as it used to be, Dave.
    ...Good point Angie!. I guess this is another reason why I have always "done what I have done".

Though SAW and SAC are what I refer to as "standalone" applications, what they allow for - just may not be.

Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    Not as simple as it used to be, Dave. After moving the SAW folder to a new studio system recently, a number of my newer VSTs had to be re-installed anyway. And many of the older ones still needed activation.
    True 'nuff. I guess instead of "all" I shoulda said "many of" or "most of," depending on the specifics of one's personal toolbox.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Angie,
    ...Good point Angie!. I guess this is another reason why I have always "done what I have done".
    And how does your approach address this issue, Dell?
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Dave,

To be perfectly honest Dave, probably "habit"...it is what I have always done, and therefore, I simply continue on with that "routine".

However, two other points come to mind...

1. I remember some time ago when I was having "issues" with IQSFonts.dll - and the subsequent problem with no fonts showing up in SAW. This was entirely due to working with a copy of the entire SAW folder. As I was never able to rectify the problem with a replacement of the entire folder, I found that a re-install solved the problem.

2. I have always used my own batch files for performing backups, using the "/m" switch. What I like about this approach is that it lets me know which files undergo changes and which ones do not.
    * This being said, I may opt to use QTDSync - a great free backup utility based on Linux and which uses "rsync".

Lastly, maybe old habits really do die hard.

No method is bullet-proof, I guess. Not much you can do about corrupt files besides replace 'em with something healthy, right?
    Becket, Massachusetts