Hello,

If you just happen to be fortunate enough to have a laptop system that permits you do disable the TouchPad without having to install TouchPad drivers - then all the best to you. Sadly, my present laptop does not permit me this functionality. [And "Yes" - I have checked the BIOS as well.] On this present system, the only way to disable the TouchPad is by installing the associated TouchPad driver. However, installing the associated drivers also requires the installation of DotNet 4.0. This installation adds three new Services, as well as one Startup application - so, four items in total. Not great at all for someone who prefers a "lean and clean audio machine" - such as myself.

Performing some research on the "Net" I came across a number of sites that when compiled, ended up providing me with the ability to disable the Touchpad without resorting to a lengthy and resource-laden driver installation.

In a nutshell, all I had to was to simply change the existing TouchPad driver to another driver and reboot the system. This does display the infamous "yellow exclamation point" in Device Manager - but nothing at all to be too concerned about. "It is all good!"

If you are at all interested in performing this operation for yourself, please refer to the attached article: Disabling the TouchPad.

That is it! I hope that some will find this information of some practicable use?