Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy SAW STUDIO 5.6 DELTA 66 AND WIN 10

Hi everyone, I update SawStudio to 5.6 over windows 10 and I noticed that my load is heavier than before with the same type of proyects, is there any advice or teaks for win 10 to improve performance? my proyects are 48 24 beats and one particular proyect is just not moving it goes to 100% load and stops, I try to celan the proyect raise the buffer size to 1024 and it imroves just a little bit, any ideas?

Thanks
    Mario

Blog Entries

Default Re: SAW STUDIO 5.6 DELTA 66 AND WIN 10

Mario.
    ...is there any advice or teaks for win 10 to improve performance?...
    ...Yes! Go back to Windows 7 or even Windows XP!

Other than that, use Bob's tweaks which are found in the HelpFile...or on page 25 of the User Manual.

Hope this helps?

Thank you, will try and report

Mario

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Mario.

Other than that, use Bob's tweaks which are found in the HelpFile...or on page 25 of the User Manual.

Hope this helps?

Mario.

Hope this helps?
    Wow folks, I popped in to see what's happening and if there are any new developments with SAW. Switched to SONAR about 5 years ago...still miss using SAW to this day, but, ya....responses like these were part of the reason I left the SAW environment. Really folks...still there? This is truly such a bummer. I really miss SAW and was hoping it had finally caught up to modern computing after the many years sabbatical from my side. Was SOOOO hoping that things had improved. I'm assuming then, that it's also still a 32 bit system?

My apologies for seeming upset folks, but it breaks my heart! I absolutely LOVED SAW. I started using it around 1996 or thereabouts, just when SAW 16 launched! I loved using it! It was years ahead of the rest...but then, it seemed to go the way of the dinosaur. I'm so bummed about that. I couldn't use 64 bit plugins with it, couldn't use rewire...many issues...and after seeing that focus was on SAC, I left to SONAR. Obviously, I use SONAR and get my work done, but I miss the way SAW "thought" and the way it functioned. Don't miss the schlep and hassle, though, of finding stuff doesn't work...coming here, and hearing I should try and GO BACK IN TIME to software that is 8 years out of date to get SS to work! Must admit that I don't miss THAT!

It' so strange that the answer to a problem would be: go back in time 12 years. Sigh...I wish SAW had remained relevant and as far ahead as it used to be in the era 1995 - 2005. Such a bummer. And, now, while looking at some options for live mixing etc...I thought I'd have a quick look at SAC again, but, it seems that's left the universe? Anyone know if it's still alive? The website is gone, it seems. And, I'm assuming then, if this was the answer to a Windows 10 issue, that SAC would also be great for Win XP or such, and not any 64bit stuff? Probably then also not very friendly with VSTi and other plugins? Or is it still somewhere, alive and kicking? Instead of buying a Behringer X32 rack, I was thinking of using my laptop, with my Behringer FCA1616 along with an ADA8000, using something like SAC. Yet, now I can't seem to find any demo for it, or any website. Any news on this folks?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzstudio View Post
    Wow folks, I popped in to see what's happening and if there are any new developments with SAW. Switched to SONAR about 5 years ago...still miss using SAW to this day, but, ya....responses like these were part of the reason I left the SAW environment. Really folks...still there? This is truly such a bummer. I really miss SAW and was hoping it had finally caught up to modern computing after the many years sabbatical from my side. Was SOOOO hoping that things had improved. I'm assuming then, that it's also still a 32 bit system?

My apologies for seeming upset folks, but it breaks my heart! I absolutely LOVED SAW. I started using it around 1996 or thereabouts, just when SAW 16 launched! I loved using it! It was years ahead of the rest...but then, it seemed to go the way of the dinosaur. I'm so bummed about that. I couldn't use 64 bit plugins with it, couldn't use rewire...many issues...and after seeing that focus was on SAC, I left to SONAR. Obviously, I use SONAR and get my work done, but I miss the way SAW "thought" and the way it functioned. Don't miss the schlep and hassle, though, of finding stuff doesn't work...coming here, and hearing I should try and GO BACK IN TIME to software that is 8 years out of date to get SS to work! Must admit that I don't miss THAT!

It' so strange that the answer to a problem would be: go back in time 12 years. Sigh...I wish SAW had remained relevant and as far ahead as it used to be in the era 1995 - 2005. Such a bummer. And, now, while looking at some options for live mixing etc...I thought I'd have a quick look at SAC again, but, it seems that's left the universe? Anyone know if it's still alive? The website is gone, it seems. And, I'm assuming then, if this was the answer to a Windows 10 issue, that SAC would also be great for Win XP or such, and not any 64bit stuff? Probably then also not very friendly with VSTi and other plugins? Or is it still somewhere, alive and kicking? Instead of buying a Behringer X32 rack, I was thinking of using my laptop, with my Behringer FCA1616 along with an ADA8000, using something like SAC. Yet, now I can't seem to find any demo for it, or any website. Any news on this folks?
    I believe the SAC website is down because there are behind the scene negotiations going on between Bob and another manufacturer/distributor.

Keep in mind this is reading between the lines from limited information posts from Bob (but he did specifically say there was a lot of stuff going behind the scenes).

As for SAW and Windows 10, there are tweeks that need to be made its not a real-time operating system. There is nothing inherently wrong with 32-bit apps. 64-bit apps aren't magically better just by virtue of their 64-bityness (not really a word).

I do know there is unfortunately a lot of extra crap running on the standard versions of windows 10 that needs to be stripped and tamed. Wether that will be sufficient to bring it in line with the resource efficiency of XP or even Win7 we will still have to see.

I'm actually in the process of upgrading my SAC rig with a new motherboard and will also be moving to Win7 or Win10. I will report back my findings once I have had sufficient time to do full testing.

My intent is to move to Win10 if I can make it stable. This means using win10 LTSB release and nLite to strip down to the core required services.

Dedicated audio rigs don't need Cortana, App Store, Edge browser, automatic updates, etc. etc.

My expectation is that this will result in a perfectly usable system on a modern motherboard.

As for VSTi's and SAC, there is a long list of working plug-ins, with the only hard requirement being they need to be zero latency.

If your interested in SAC, send an email or call Bob directly.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Blog Entries

Jazzstudio,

Good to hear from you again!
    I'm assuming then, that it's also still a 32 bit system?
    ...Yes it is!

I'm so bummed about that. I couldn't use 64 bit plugins with it, couldn't use rewire...many issues...and after seeing that focus was on SAC, I left to SONAR.?
    ...Use VE Pro...that solves all of the 64-bit plugin issues, in either SAW or SAC.

Sigh...I wish SAW had remained relevant and as far ahead as it used to be in the era 1995 - 2005. Such a bummer.
    ...Not meaning to be impertinent, but may I ask, "Relevant to who and or what? Both SAW and SAC are particularly relevant to me and to my daughter. Again, what is it with the 64-bityness of plug-ins. Is there REALLY a significant difference in the use of them? Just curious!

For SAC, as mentioned, email/call Bob. You can see the RML Site for other info as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzstudio View Post

FWIW, the way I look at it is that Bob has moved on to other things in order to make his living, but instead of abandoning us with a "dead" product, he has chosen to keep the forum open and to keep doing tech support and consultation for us -- all for free. And there might even be occasional fixes and updates in the future. If there is, it's all gravy.

Bob's one guy. Consider the impressive things this one guy has done and continues to do -- just because he chooses to.

And, yes, if that's not workin' for ya, there are other options.

I feel your pain. I'm not trying to be jerk; just trying to be pragmatic. And appreciative.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Hello,

I wonder where posts such as this really do?

Concerns as to the direction of RML products should be taken up directly and in person with the developer.

As an S-Gear part-time user, there is a posting "What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0". Now, I am not too sure if this had been initiated by the developer - it would appear not to be so. Regardless, the posting is very active and therefore, it can be assumed that it is relevant.

With RML products, I do not see any postings regarding updates to these products. As a result, I simply do not expect any! If I do have any concerns, I will direct these to Bob directly - either by phone or by email. In my estimation, posting there concerns really does nothing to promote positive results or outcomes.

As a serious Overloud TH3 user, I have worked with the 64-bit standalone and have found no differences whatsoever between the 32-bit and 64-bit versions. So, in SAC, I am happy to use the 32-bit plug-in.

The SAC console - as it is, provides me with all I need for signal processing. With the addition of Studio Reverb, I have all I need to keep me happy and to produce great output. I know this is entirely subjective, but I am more than satisfied with both SAC and SAW - especially "in-tandem".

PS: Dave, did you change your "sig"?

Hello,

I wonder where posts such as this really do?

...In my estimation, posting there concerns really does nothing to promote positive results or outcomes.
    Dell, I think many of us see this forum as a place for support, sharing and commiseration around the SAW experience -- and more. It's much more of a personal social space than most software support fora are. There's a lot more user-to-user communion than I've seen elsewhere. That seems to have been a chief characteristic of the group well before it even had a browser interface! I see it as a special place for that and for other reasons.

PS: Dave, did you change your "sig"?
    Yessir. Even I don't remember why I had that "Fabulous!" image in there. And "dry heat Dave" is a distant memory for most, I'm betting, so the "girly man's heat" tag-line following my exodus from the Tucson desert to New England seemed out-dated (that was five years ago!). It was time.

But thanks for noticing.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Love the Humidity tag Dave...
    -SAC,SAWStudioLite,Midi Workshop,SATLive, Reaper
    -SAC Host (24 channel): Various Laptops via Digiface into APPSYS Adat extenders into (3) ADA8000,(2) BCF2000 controllers, 1x64 resolution
    -SAC Host (32 Channel): Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz , 4 Gig DDR/800mz RAM, ASUS PK5PL-CM MotherBd,XP Pro SP3, RME Raydat, (4) ADA8000's
    -SAC Remote: Various Tablets via AMPED Router
    -SAW Host : Asus Laptop, i7 12g RAM