Close

Default Tascam US 16x08 ASIO question

Hello,
    I have been successfully using SawStudioLite v. 5.6 on my laptop using Tascam US800. I just purchased the Tascam US 16x08 to get more inputs. I successfully loaded the US16 drivers. When I set up the ASIO protocol in Saw, the US16 ASIO option is there. However, when I go to audio device set up, no options are available. Any thoughts?
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tascam US 16x08 ASIO question

Hello,

What version of Windows?

Did you uninstall the previous version and then reboot the system?

Is the new device actually connected when you are configuring SAW?

Install a test version of SAW and see what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by smp View Post
    Hello,
    I have been successfully using SawStudioLite v. 5.6 on my laptop using Tascam US800. I just purchased the Tascam US 16x08 to get more inputs. I successfully loaded the US16 drivers. When I set up the ASIO protocol in Saw, the US16 ASIO option is there. However, when I go to audio device set up, no options are available. Any thoughts?
    Thanks
    I take it that you selected the US16 option when it was presented to you?

The way SAW is coded, not all of the audio device options available to driver developers are available to us. This is usually not a problem, as most drivers (in my experience) are straight forward and cover the simple I/O options. However, I recently discovered that some of the I/O for the Allen & Health ZEDi USB mixers (specifically, channels 3 and 4 of the mixer's 4x4 I/O) are not available in SAW due to the way the developer coded the driver. Although I seem to recall this was with MME/WDM, so I'm not sure about ASIO. I could be way off base, here.

I don't know that this is what you're running into, but it's a guess. Bob would know best.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Thanks for the input. After further investigation, it is probably not a SAW problem after all. I am running Win7 Pro 64 Spec1.
    As mentioned, the ASIO option shows up for the 16 but when I choose that option there are no inputs or outputs to choose. It now looks like the drivers load and are visible but windows is not recognizing the tascam unit (which is why SAW doesn't see them). I'm researching the problem with Tascam at the moment. Thanks for your help! (as always)

Quote Originally Posted by smp View Post
    Thanks for the input. After further investigation, it is probably not a SAW problem after all. I am running Win7 Pro 64 Spec1.
    As mentioned, the ASIO option shows up for the 16 but when I choose that option there are no inputs or outputs to choose. It now looks like the drivers load and are visible but windows is not recognizing the tascam unit (which is why SAW doesn't see them). I'm researching the problem with Tascam at the moment. Thanks for your help! (as always)
    Oh, good. (maybe) If Windows doesn't see it, yeah, it's probably not a SAW issue.

Good luck!

Hey -- what does Spec1 mean?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

After installing the driver did you do a re-boot?....I would shut the computer off and turn it on again(a full hardware boot). When your computer is fully booted up, plug the interface in and windows may give you a message, something like '..searching for driver...driver successfully installed...' then in SAW, then find and select your ASIO interface, then go to 'Audio Device Setup' then to the right of the 'Wave Output' pane, use the arrow to drop down the menu...and they should be there. If you don't see them, uninstall and reinstall the driver. I use the Tascam 1800(the previous model from yours)on my laptop and it works fine.
    Laughing Crow Studios
    Alberta Canada