Close

Blog Entries

Default WOT: Music Memos

Hello,

What do you think?

...Music Memos...

One person's comments:

"Logic got an update today. Also, they release a new app, for iPad and iPhone, called Music Memo. Its fan foo goo tactic!!!! Simple, and integrated. I just did this. Installed it on my phone...sat inside the house on the couch, hit record...Played the chords to tequila sunrise for about a minute. Hit Stop!!! Hit a little drums symbol and a bass symbol on the iPad screen, hit play..it analyzed the chords to the tune!!! It played it back, with midi drums and bass playing along in the app!!I sent the song, to iCloud. I opened logic on my iMac in the studio...Created a new song.. imported the music memo from the cloud...it created tracks, with the audio I recorded and the Midi Drum, and Midi bass. It also TEMPO MAPPED THE TUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUGE!!!!!I then for kicks, Flex'd the acoustic track I had played... with SLICING MODE.. and then removed the tempo changes from the song. Set it too 98bpm for the verses and 101 bpm for the choruses...Done. Of course you would not keep the acoustic recorded from the iPhone...But what I just did, was faster than typing this post. Mind is blown...Brilliant.. just brilliant!!! It also would have been a life saver when I used to sequence backing tracks...check it out..."

As I do not yet record...is this the future of recording...where it is ALL apparently done via the software?
    Last edited by mr_es335; 07-28-2017 at 07:04 AM.

Default Re: WOT: Music Memos

Will people use "automatic" software to tinker with music? Sure. But will it replace skilled musicianship and engineering for serious work? No. For example, "Band In A Box" has been around for a long time, but it is still basically a tinker toy, not a serous production tool. I could go back further, to the home electronic organs with built-in "man in box" rhythm sections and even arpeggiators. They all went the way of the Dodo. Real musicians, however, are still here.
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"
    www.chinesepuzzlerecording.com