Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New Win10 LTSB build

So I've started doing tests on a new core i3 win10 build. My original system was built in 2010 and the motherboard won't support the larger monitor I'd like to use (2560 x 1440), so I decided to do a new build.

I'm using an MSI H270M Mortar Arctic motherboard with a seventh gen 3.9GHz core i3.

In the interest of maintaining a more modern system, I've started with a windows 10 build to see if I can get that to a fully stable setup.

I'm using the LTSB version of win10 which has the benefit of not including most of the crap that makes win10 normally undesirable.
    - no cortana
    - no windows store
    - can actually shut off/defer windows updates

Aside from shutting off all the report back to Microsoft options during the OS installation, I have not done any other optimizations to the system.

Since I didn't want to disassemble my current working rig, I'm only using the built-in audio hardware on the motherboard so I'm actually expecting better performance numbers once I switch to my RME RayDAT card and drivers.

Even with that limitation, I've been able to get 24 channels across FOH and 7 monitor mixes including SAW Studio linked and recording all 24 channels completely stable at a 1x32 buffer setting.

I also have 4 aux sends running
    Aux 1 Studio Delay
    Aux 2 Studio Reverb
    Aux 3 Classic Chorus (VST)
    Aux 4 2nd instance of Studio reverb (for drums)

Additionally on FOH channels 1-4 I have Patched into the individual fx channels
    - Studio Echo/Delay
    - Studio Graphic EQ
    - Studio Reverb

So in all thats 16 fx instances running.

I had to set Force Single CPU and Force RealTime Priority Class.

SAC is running at about 70-75% load (I expect this number will improve with the RME drivers and the RayDAT card)

Task manager shows the system running at a 3% load (and even with task manager running I'm not slipping buffers)
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by cgrafx; 08-02-2017 at 02:55 PM.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.