Close

Thread: Riser Card

Blog Entries

Default Riser Card

Hello,

I would appreciate any comments "pro or con" with regards to the following:

1) The following is a query I sent to RME:

"I presently own an HDSP 9652 and I need to install this card into a 1U chassis. Note: Please see attached riser card image. The length of the ribbon cable is 4" - 101.6mm. The second image shows the card installed on the system using the above riser card. My questions to you are 1) "Should this configuration work?" and 2) "Has this type of configuration ever been done before"? Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter."

Here are the two images:

Attachment 2653

And the following is the reply that I received:

"Hello, I am afraid I can not provide a definitive answer to either question. I would suggest to try out the setup...Regards RME"...Interesting!!

Anyone care to comment?

Default Re: Riser Card

As long as the card cannot shift around I don't see why you'd have issues. I guess you'd need to make sure it is supported so that the circuit board would not crack if the Rack unit was dropped.

I set up a SAC / SAW rig with my 9652 card in a Lenovo Desktop. I ended up cutting the top of the Box open as you did and extending the card up thru the top. I added a shroud around it and it works fine. Got the idea from Annie here on the forum.
    -SAC,SAWStudioLite,Midi Workshop,SATLive, Reaper
    -SAC Host (24 channel): Various Laptops via Digiface into APPSYS Adat extenders into (3) ADA8000,(2) BCF2000 controllers, 1x64 resolution
    -SAC Host (32 Channel): Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz , 4 Gig DDR/800mz RAM, ASUS PK5PL-CM MotherBd,XP Pro SP3, RME Raydat, (4) ADA8000's
    -SAC Remote: Various Tablets via AMPED Router
    -SAW Host : Asus Laptop, i7 12g RAM

Blog Entries

Default Re: Riser Card

Jeff,

Thanks for the reply.

The card is well supported...so that will not be an issue.

My concern if any is, if the extra 4" of ribbon cable contribute to any "issues"?