Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
Hello,

That is a very good Firewire adapter...with an approved TI chipset.

I hoe that we all make note that current laptops are designed to terminate unused resources to conserve battery power.

You need to have a look at the BIOS settings and turn off whatever is not required there with regards to battery usage.
Note: On my Dell E6700, I disabled anything and everything that had to do with battery usage - as I would never use that system with a battery anyhow.

Once hardware is done, then have a look at the Windows power settings. By-the-way, have you completed all of Bob's Windows 7 Tweaks?

I used a custom High-Performance plan - especially anything to do with "selective suspend".

Also, it is recommended by many Windows-based Firewire venders to use "Compatibility mode" for the Firewire driver. Have a look here...
Note: Have you used the OHCI scanner utility?

Hope this helps?

You'd have to tell me, specifically what to change in the BIOS. I am not very knowledgeable about the BIOS and am afraid to mess it up, to be honest.

Over the years I've done some of the tweaks, not others. No problems with recording or playback till now on this particular machine. I am hoping the new card will solve the problem.