Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: transfer )

Default Re: transfer )

Thank you both for the clarification! Now I understand the difference between the region names and the labels. So, more manual work. Sigh.

Andrew, after importing your wave files into a session, in the multi-track view, if you hold the control key down and click in track 1's label area the naming window will pop open, after entering a label hit the enter key, the label that you just entered will be placed on track 1 and the naming window will automatically jump down to track 2, as you work your way down the multi-track the naming window and the hot track will move along with you making it easy to read any region names that you are using for track names.

This will also name the mixer input channel labels automatically.
    Last edited by Shawn; 08-16-2017 at 02:55 AM.
    Shawn...

Thanks, Shawn - small help still helps

I'm grateful for everybody's answers, I think the topic is now closed (until Bob enhances that labeling thing ).

And if you're loath to manually type in long labels from region names, you can double-click the region (transferring it to the SF View window), then hit the U (Update region) key to reveal a highlighted-text view of the regions's name. Ctrl-C (copy) that, then ctrl-V (paste) it into your track label input dialogue, editing to taste, if needed.

And if you're really loath to do all that clicking and button-pushing, get yourself a mouse/keyboard macro recorder program to automate the task. But that's probably going a little too far. Unless you do this a lot.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    And if you're loath to manually type in long labels from region names, you can double-click the region (transferring it to the SF View window), then hit the U (Update region) key to reveal a highlighted-text view of the regions's name. Ctrl-C (copy) that, then ctrl-V (paste) it into your track label input dialogue, editing to taste, if needed.

And if you're really loath to do all that clicking and button-pushing, get yourself a mouse/keyboard macro recorder program to automate the task. But that's probably going a little too far. Unless you do this a lot.
    Not to be disagreeable, but you may find that it's impossible to use a long channel/mixer label name anyway... There's just not that much space to put in a legible complex name. But the copy/paste idea is a great one!

Quote Originally Posted by UpTilDawn View Post
    Not to be disagreeable, but you may find that it's impossible to use a long channel/mixer label name anyway... There's just not that much space to put in a legible complex name. But the copy/paste idea is a great one!
    True 'nuff. That occurred to me while composing that last post; that definitely limits the potential power of the copy/paste approach. Thus my comment about editing the result as needed.

Now stop being so disagreeable.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts