Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Yet again buffer overrun, atapi 11 event and controller error on device port 1

Hello,

Have you - or anyone for that matter, considered reading Brent's FAQ? And in particular the section on "What type of computer do I need for SAC?"

Some great advice there. Notice the chipset Vendor...Intel only!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Yet again buffer overrun, atapi 11 event and controller error on device port 1

Stashu,

I have built a system using WIN7 PRO that is working very, very well!

May I ask what is the point with the response?

What "advice" are you endeavoring to provide?

I have two builds with WIN 8.1 that run fine. One with XP that runs fine too.

Blog Entries

Dale B.
    I have two builds with WIN 8.1 that run fine.
    ...May I ask what is the point of using WIN8? Are there really any benefits?

Also, do you know what fine stands for? freaked out, insecure, neurotic, and emotional! (Ha...ha!!)

so my computer friend had run CC cleaner on the system and it hardly found anything. then i took it to a local repair shop and he said there was corruption in the windows registry. so i got it home and we ran Little Registry Cleaner. it found a bunch of corrupted files. my friend wasn't sure it would make a difference. so we cleaned it up. tada, no more atapi 11 errors. played an adl and no buffer overrun for a few minutes. haven't worked long term on it yet. so the little registry cleaner was more specific. i hope this is it and has solved the problem. seems so.

thanks everyone.

Paul

Great news! I hope it holds.
    Michael McInnis Productions