Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Long time, no see...everything has changed...

One additional note that I find helpful when setting things up for what channels you want recorded.

Before this step - 13. Control Click on the first SAW Studio Input Channel Record Button -

Darken all of the SAC channels you actually want to record - let's say you have active inputs channels 1-24. Select those (turn the channel numbers black). Then when you go back to SAW and choose Options --> SAC Link Options --> Import Mix Data from SAC Input Channels again. This will update your SAW info so that it know which channels to arm for recording. Now CTRL/Click the first channel in SAW and only those channels you have selected in SAC will be armed for recording in SAW.

If you don't select the channels in SAC as I've suggested here, SAW will arm all the channels from SAC that are enabled. If you have inputs in SAC enabled, but do not want to record them in SAW, then try what I've suggested.

An alternative to this method would be to select the SAC inputs you will want to record before ever selecting Options --> SAC Link Options --> Import Mix Data from SAC Input Channels in SAW (step 7). After you've first selected these SAC input channels, then choose the import SAC Data choice and only those channels will be armed for recording when you CTRL/Click your first SAW track.

Hope this doesn't make it confusing. I have found it to be an invaluable help and leaves SAW clean and uncluttered of SAC input/output and return channel info that I do not need for a dry track recording... especially when I've got multiple outputs active in SAC that aren't needed in SAW.

P.S. you can use this method of updating SAW's record channel assignments whenever you change the SAC channel info, including names and active/inactive, or selected inputs, too. I find the useful, when channel assignments get changed on me on the fly, just before a set is to begin. You might find it equally useful, depending on how much time you have to check and confirm your record tracks.
    Last edited by UpTilDawn; 08-22-2017 at 05:58 PM.