Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Feature exclusive to SAC

  1. #1

    Default Feature exclusive to SAC

    Last night I witnessed someone else trying to mix for a performance with many guest singers and instruments sharing channels. He was using a lower end digital board. Of course, everything was wildly different sounding as each guest stepped up. Some of the guests had been there at soundcheck, some had not. It made me think about SACs ability to save/recall channel strip settings to either memory or file.

    I've recently gotten some mileage on a few live digital boards at all price points; Avid, Digico, Soundcraft.
    And as far as I know, SAC is the only board or software with this feature. If I'm wrong, tell me what else is out there that can do it.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Feature exclusive to SAC

    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    Last night I witnessed someone else trying to mix for a performance with many guest singers and instruments sharing channels. He was using a lower end digital board. Of course, everything was wildly different sounding as each guest stepped up. Some of the guests had been there at soundcheck, some had not. It made me think about SACs ability to save/recall channel strip settings to either memory or file.

    I've recently gotten some mileage on a few live digital boards at all price points; Avid, Digico, Soundcraft.
    And as far as I know, SAC is the only board or software with this feature. If I'm wrong, tell me what else is out there that can do it.
    If I'm understanding your point, the Behringer XR mixer software saves channel settings (as well as other parameters). I don't doubt that they looked long and hard at SAC before creating the software. http://www.music-group.com/Categorie...s/XR18/p/P0BI8
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Feature exclusive to SAC

    Yes, I believe the entire X32 line can do this. I'd think any digital console could. No?

    That said, it's hard to imagine it's as easy as a context menu via a mouse.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maple Ridge, BC Canada
    Posts
    1,762

    Default Re: Feature exclusive to SAC

    Hello,

    My Yamaha O1X would save snapshots of the console. So, in effect you could have one configuration for one person and then a different configuration for another person.

    This being said, I really like the ability to store as many separate channels settings as I want and name them accordingly. Great feature set. Thanks, Bob.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Feature exclusive to SAC

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rupert View Post
    If I'm understanding your point, the Behringer XR mixer software saves channel settings (as well as other parameters). I don't doubt that they looked long and hard at SAC before creating the software. http://www.music-group.com/Categorie...s/XR18/p/P0BI8
    Interesting since that is the board being used. He must not have known. I do know of Behringer's interest in SAC.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Feature exclusive to SAC

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Yes, I believe the entire X32 line can do this. I'd think any digital console could. No?

    That said, it's hard to imagine it's as easy as a context menu via a mouse.
    You may be right about the ease of use in SAC.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Feature exclusive to SAC

    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    Interesting since that is the board being used. He must not have known. I do know of Behringer's interest in SAC.
    Is he only using the XR for the converters? It's essentially a SAC replacement, so it seems redundant (though SAC offers much more, of course).
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

  8. #8

    Default Re: Feature exclusive to SAC

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Is he only using the XR for the converters? It's essentially a SAC replacement, so it seems redundant (though SAC offers much more, of course).
    Don't know. There was no time to ask questions.
    The guy got there two hours before door yet the band had been there six hours before doors.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Feature exclusive to SAC

    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    Don't know. There was no time to ask questions.
    The guy got there two hours before door yet the band had been there six hours before doors.
    That's the worst thing about the live sound biz, isn't it? Time crunches. Especially avoidable time crunches.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

  10. Default Re: Feature exclusive to SAC

    Hi

    All the digital Yamaha desks lets you save/recall an EQ setting to an internal library, and the same with dynamics settings. So you can't save/recall an entire channel strip in one operation, but you can save/recall both EQ and dynamics for a single channel.

    When I have multiple singers sharing a single microphone for leads I usually split the input over several channels so I can have one channel for each singer (using only one at a time) - that approach works on all desks :-)
    Peter Olsen

    Hardware: Asus Z97-A, Intel Core i3-4370, 8 GB ram, 2 SSD in raid1, 2 RayDAT, 2 DSB2408 preamp/converteres.
    OS: Windows 10. Buffer: 1X64.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •