Close

Default Tracks in SAWStudio Basic not recording

Hi all,

I have a friend who lives in SoCal and recently bought a Behringer UMC404 HD (https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UMC404HD). He's very happy with its functionality and sonic clarity. But he's experiencing an odd situation. He'll record successfully to a few tracks, then arm a new track and assign an input from the Behringer. But even with the input levels on the Behringer all the way up, he gets an extremely low level of recording. If he moves to a different track in SAW, he gets plenty of level. The next day, the track that previously didn't record works fine.

He's called me about this (I'm his default tech support ), and I have no idea what could be happening. His audio device is set up properly. The fact that it works by simply switching SAW tracks really has me stumped.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Richard Rupert; 10-05-2017 at 06:58 PM.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.

Default Re: Tracks in SAWStudio Basic not recording

Solved... he was not always closing the previously enabled record meter when opening another and trying to record to the new track. When he assigns an input to a track properly and closes out previous record-enabled tracks, everything works fine. Who knew? <LOL>

Sometimes it's the simplest of things... and when trying to troubleshoot without actually looking at the software, it's a bit difficult. But we're all good now. Yippee!!
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording

Blog Entries

Richard,

Glad to hear you have resolved your issues!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Richard,

Glad to hear you have resolved your issues!
    Thanks Dell. You know that often it's hard to help someone who isn't familiar with the technical/routing issues in the software... they don't know what to tell you and what NOT to tell you. I finally just walked him through a recording session from a clean edl, and that's when I realized he was accidentally leaving previously recorded tracks armed. From there, I cleared up his understanding of assigning a multi-input audio interface to a track, either as mono or stereo. He's off and running now and loving it. So everybody wins. I had recommended SAW to him as well as the Behringer UMC 404, and they're both working like a charm now. It's never good to recommend something and have it not work. I was secure in the knowledge that SAW would be fine, and having just bought and used the 8 channel UMC, I was confident it would exceed his expectations as well.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording