Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Drivers for Apollo16

Hi Guys,

It's been a long time so I'm kinda' out of the loop. Anyway I just got my system up and running on a new computer with new audio hardware, two UAD Apollo 16's, and I when I try to setup my I/O SAW lists an ASIO driver but when I go to assign the I/O it says it sees the Apollo interface but it doesn't see the individual I/O channels. I suspect that I need a different driver but haven't been able to find anything on the UAD website.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Ken

Default Re: Drivers for Apollo16

Quote Originally Posted by West End View Post
    Hi Guys,

It's been a long time so I'm kinda' out of the loop. Anyway I just got my system up and running on a new computer with new audio hardware, two UAD Apollo 16's, and I when I try to setup my I/O SAW lists an ASIO driver but when I go to assign the I/O it says it sees the Apollo interface but it doesn't see the individual I/O channels. I suspect that I need a different driver but haven't been able to find anything on the UAD website.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Ken
    How do you know that SAW sees the Apollo interface?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

When I select ASIO it says Apollo 16 but doesn't give me any I/O channels.

Quote Originally Posted by West End View Post
    When I select ASIO it says Apollo 16 but doesn't give me any I/O channels.
    When I use a Behringer x32 to get channels into SAW, I see two choices in the ASIO menu that both appear to be related to the x32, but only one of them actually populates the SAW inputs and it never seems to be the one that makes sense to me. Is it possible you see something similar?

Check their driver applet... assuming there is one... and look for checkbox settings that may switch between a single stereo configuration to a multi-channel configuration.

Bob L

Thanks for the suggestion Bob but so far I haven't been able to find one. Do you know if anyone has successfully used the UAD Apollo16 interface yet?

W.E. -- when you see the driver listed in the ASIO box, maybe you need to select it (click on it)? Do you see a check mark by that entry? (Options/Audio Driver Model/ASIO protocol) Are you doing that?
    Last edited by Dave Labrecque; 10-03-2017 at 02:53 PM.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Talked to UAD yesterday and they said that SAW is incompatible with the Apollo16 due to the fact that the ASIO drivers for the Apollo are 64bit and SAW ASIO drivers are 32 bit. Bummer! Not sure what to due now.

Blog Entries

West End,
    Talked to UAD yesterday and they said that SAW is incompatible with the Apollo16 due to the fact that the ASIO drivers for the Apollo are 64bit and SAW ASIO drivers are 32 bit. Bummer! Not sure what to due now.
    ...Been there - done it.

SAW, SAC for that matter, are NOT incompatible! It is simply their choice of driver platform that makes their products unusable for us 32-bit users. I recently rented one with the intent of a purchase, but ran into the same wall. Interestingly, when I called them - this took a bit believe me, I "really and truly" was left with the impression that all my problems would be solved if I simply "ditched" - that was the term they used...ditched my PC for a MAC. The conversation at that point...ended! So, I took it back.

Now, consider RME. When I sent them a long and detailed email awhile back regarding the updates for the drivers for the HDSP 9652 - the latest being Version 4.21, 09/12/2017!!!, telling them how much I, and I am sure many others, are very grateful for their continued support of these older products, they told me very clearly that it was their duty to maintain support for these older products. They also told me that they see no immediate plans to discontinue support for 32-bit drivers. Interesting!

The folks at UA have already developed a platform for use with 32-bit environments. So, why not continue their support for 32-bit users? When I asked them that question, the only response I received was a lot of "dead air" - which was still in 32-bit code by-the-way.

So, I guess, that you will have to replace your interface with something that is 32-bit compliant. "Bummmeeerrrr!"

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    West End,
    ...Been there - done it.

SAW, SAC for that matter, are NOT incompatible! It is simply their choice of driver platform that makes their products unusable for us 32-bit users...
    At first I thought you were saying there was some kind of work-around. Alas...

Dell, I completely respect your opinion and expertise on stuff, but I'm concerned that you might confuse the gentleman. SAW, being a 32-bit program, is by definition incompatible with 64-bit audio drivers, like those used in the Apollo interfaces. It's not a blame thing, it's "physics," if you will.

Yes, Universal Audio has chosen not to support 32-bit apps with their Apollo hardware. I'm not taking issue with your opinion, just with your use of the phrase "not incompatible" -- in the interest of best serving Mr. End's understanding of his dilemma.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, here.

Respectfully,
    Last edited by Dave Labrecque; 10-07-2017 at 03:45 PM.
    Becket, Massachusetts