Close

Default Scary touchpad behavior on Lenovo ThinkPad X140e

I just bought a Lenovo ThinkPad X140e to use as a walk-around remote. I really like it, EXCEPT that the touchpad is kind of spazzy in respect to how moving the faders. Even if I carefully increase the volume via a fade on a channel or master, the touchpad may jump the volume to +20. Is there some way to prevent this or slow down the response of the touchpad so this doesn't happen? I am ordering a Logitech MX Ergo Bluetooth trackball to carry around with me, but I would sure like to be able to tame this spazzy touchpad behavior. Any suggestions?

At FOH I use an Insignia NS-P11W6100 (1920 x 1080) ttablet with keyboard, a Bluetooth mouse and a Behringer X-Touch. I am super happy with this setup, but I am trying to find the best solution for my "walking around" remote rig.

Default Re: Scary touchpad behavior on Lenovo ThinkPad X140e

Quote Originally Posted by dbarrow View Post
    I just bought a Lenovo ThinkPad X140e to use as a walk-around remote. I really like it, EXCEPT that the touchpad is kind of spazzy in respect to how moving the faders. Even if I carefully increase the volume via a fade on a channel or master, the touchpad may jump the volume to +20. Is there some way to prevent this or slow down the response of the touchpad so this doesn't happen? I am ordering a Logitech MX Ergo Bluetooth trackball to carry around with me, but I would sure like to be able to tame this spazzy touchpad behavior. Any suggestions?

At FOH I use an Insignia NS-P11W6100 (1920 x 1080) ttablet with keyboard, a Bluetooth mouse and a Behringer X-Touch. I am super happy with this setup, but I am trying to find the best solution for my "walking around" remote rig.
    1. Make sure the Lenovo is in touch mode, that will prevent the touchpad from affecting the fader unless its directly onto of the fader control
    2. Use the up down arrow keys to change volume instead of dragging the fader.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Default Re: Scary touchpad behavior on Lenovo ThinkPad X140e

I bought the new Logitech MX Ergo wireless trackball. It works well to tame and disengage spazzy trackpad behavior.