Hi,
while working with the setup for my 16 ch hardware controll, I had some ideas:
  • (not really an idea, but close to a bug) It seems that SAC sends the fader position to the controller even for the fader that was moved on the controller, which made the fader not running smooth sometimes (depending on midi latency I assume). I would be very happy to see this fixed. When you don't want to set the faders virtually (by mouse, keys or as 'virtual DCA') you might filter the fader data on output, which will give a real smooth feeling.
  • The masterfader of the controller is locked to out1 on SAC. This will work for simple configurations, but I'm often doing complex system with delay-lines, side - fills, feed into the house-system and so on. Therefore I need to avoid to move the masterfader. For me, there are some possible solutions:
    • The master can also act as 'virtual master'
    • The master fader can be assigned to another output ( might be Out 9) allowing to use the functionality (virtual master or group)
    • Add a source selection to the outputs 2 to 8 containing the option Master Post Fader
    • Implement a matrix :-)

• Adding the possibility to lock both the mix and the channels assigned to the controller(s) would be nice
  • I'd like to have two modes for the layers used on the encoders. First a setup/soundcheck mode, where you can access all paramters for one unit ( for eq that would be fq, bw and gain of the same filter, High-cut, low-cut, On/Off, Filter selection, for Aux like it is now (on/off, pre/post, vol, pan, Aux selection). Second a 'show mode' with all eq - gains on one layer (like it is now) and the same for Aux (all 6 Sends on the encoders, and master - mute for all aux would be nice).

Tomy