Close

Default Remote reconnect?

I have SAC 3.1, and am trying to use it at my company to remotely control audio sources in our experience center. I am using a Microsoft surface running the remote.

The problem I am facing is that if for some reason there is a network glitch, the remote will disconnect, and not re-connect.

My question is, does the latest SAC version have a auto reconnect to the host if it disconnects? I'm trying to make this brain dead simple for the people who will be using it. Happy to upgrade if the new version will be more stable.
    Last edited by muzicman0; 10-18-2017 at 12:43 PM.

Default Re: Remote reconnect?

Quote Originally Posted by muzicman0 View Post
    I have SAC 3.1, and am trying to use it at my company to remotely control audio sources in our experience center. I am using a Microsoft surface running the remote.

The problem I am facing is that if for some reason there is a network glitch, the remote will disconnect, and not re-connect.

My question is, does the latest SAC version have a auto reconnect to the host if it disconnects? I'm trying to make this brain dead simple for the people who will be using it. Happy to upgrade if the new version will be more stable.
    There is no auto reconnect as far as I am aware.

If you are connected over ethernet and the network is losing connection sufficiently to disconnect SAC Remote, then you really need to fix your network.

With a crappy wireless connection SAC remote stays connected to the host even through significant packet loss (choppy operation, but still connected).
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Network is solid, and the AP is about 20 feet from the Surface, and is a solid Cisco AP. I am the network admin on site (among other things), so I'm confident in the network. It of course could be other things happening as well (reboots, etc). In any case, will the remote continuously scan for the master if it disconnects for any reason? If not, is it possible to get this feature added? I would think that if it is set up to be in remote mode, it should scan for a connection every so often if it is disconnected.

Blog Entries

Hello,

I posted a number of tutorial on SAC Remote, that you might find helpful here.

Search for these on the SAC forum...

Quote Originally Posted by muzicman0 View Post
    Network is solid, and the AP is about 20 feet from the Surface, and is a solid Cisco AP. I am the network admin on site (among other things), so I'm confident in the network. It of course could be other things happening as well (reboots, etc). In any case, will the remote continuously scan for the master if it disconnects for any reason? If not, is it possible to get this feature added? I would think that if it is set up to be in remote mode, it should scan for a connection every so often if it is disconnected.
    Being 20ft from the access point you would think that you should have a solid/reliable connection, but in the real world that is not necessarily so.

There really are only a handful of likely culprits.

1. Some application on the Surface is interrupting the network connectivity.
    2. Some application on the Surface is interrupting SAC Remote
    3. Your wireless connection is not stable
    • The Access Point has a problem
    • The Surface has a wireless problem
    • Some other wireless device is interfering with the wireless access (Yes, this happens a lot)
      • If you are connecting at 2.4ghz switch to 5 ghz (2.4 is extremely congested)

I had to move all of my remotes to 5GHz, as the 2.4GHz band is unusable. There are way too many devices operating at 2.4GHz including every cell phone.

If possible, use a hard wire network instead of wireless.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Blog Entries

Hello,

I would strongly suggest using a regular laptop and seeing how the connectivity is.

In all honesty, it just might be the Surface itself.

All the ones that I have personally tried have been very slow.