Close

Default Copying a track and importing it to different edl

Hey there,

I'm wondering if there is a simple way to copy from an existing multitrack a single track with regions and automation and then paste or import that track into another existing edl? I know I can delete the other track regions and then save with only the track/regions/automation that I wish to import... then blend the edls. But is there a quicker way to accomplish this task?

Thanks!
    Kent
    I love the story of Christmas - Matthew 1:18-24

Default Re: Copying a track and importing it to different edl

Nevermind. I should have remembered that I asked this same question in the past. Got my answer back then, which has worked fine.

"So I would first save the current session as "blend.edl"... then start clearing all the stuff you don't want... leaving only the tracks and regions and automation you do want... then open the final edl... blend the blend.edl starting on a blank track after the last track in the final edl.... done.

Bob L"
    I love the story of Christmas - Matthew 1:18-24

Default Re: Copying a track and importing it to different edl

You could also just render that track down to a new wav file with all the processing included and then add that file to the new edl. Of course you then lock in the edits and processing for that track at that point.

Bob L