Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Windows 10 tweaks

Hello All,

I haven't used SAC in around a year. My old interface was a Motu 828 MK3. It worked pretty well without windows tweaks. Only needed to "Force Single CPU." After seeing the new Motu LP32, I decided to build a 32x32 SAC system with an MP32 and four ADA8200s. I love the setup, and it works very well with the built-in simple mixing software. Unfortunately, I am having lots of dropouts in SAC. After looking at the manual, it is hard to understand what windows tweaks should be applied to the latest Windows 10. Is there a specific list of tweaks for Windows 10? Thanks in advance for the help.

http://motu.com/products/avb/lp32

Blog Entries

Default Re: Windows 10 tweaks

Kurt,

If you are talking about Bob's "Tweaks"...these are found in the HelpFile...or on page 25 of the SAC User Manual.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Kurt,

If you are talking about Bob's "Tweaks"...these are found in the HelpFile...or on page 25 of the SAC User Manual.
    Thank you, Dell. Yes, I found that but there is nothing for Windows 10. Do you apply the Windows 8 tweaks to withdosWindows 10?

Blog Entries

Kurt,

Yes, that is correct.

PS: However, the best tweak you can perform is the downgrade to Windows 7 SP1. Heh...Heh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Kurt,

Yes, that is correct.

PS: However, the best tweak you can perform is the downgrade to Windows 7 SP1. Heh...Heh!!!
    Yes, I am considering dedicating a laptop to that.

Thank you!

Hi Kurt,

remember my? (You did a Stage for Albert Frey at Kirchentag Stutgart, i came there with my SAC Rig)
    As Motu LP 32 is an USB interface, i think it will not run smoothly even with windows 10 tweaks. But keep us informed. Would be an interisting solution for Laptop users.

Best Wishes, Andreas
    Rig: Silverstone gd01sr Case, Asrock H55m LE Mobo, Intel Core i5 661, 4 MB Kingston Ram, IntelĀ® Graphics Media Accelerator HD, 500GB Samsung HD, Motu 424 PCIe, 2 x Motu 2408 MK3, 6 x ADA8000 (modded power supply and remoteable gains), 2 x Appsys ADX 64pro, 2 x BCF 2000, Motu Fast Lane Midi Interface