Close

Blog Entries

Default OT: Valhalla DSP

Hello,

For those that care to know, I have been testing and re-testing reverbs for use with nylon guitar, acoustic guitar and female vocals.

Of all the ones that I have tested - and the list is quite extensive, I finally settled on two plug-ins from Valhalla DSP, namely, ValhallaRoom and ValhallaVintageVerb. Of the two, I am finding the latter, the ValhallaVintageVerb, very "musical". In particular, over the past few days I have found myself literally getting lost in the music as a result of using this reverb.

I still prefer the preset management offered by 2CAudio, but Sean Costello has done a wonderful job with these reverbs. Pricing is great as well.

Highly recommended for those that have yet to settle on a reverb - or two.

See here: Valhalla DSP

Default Re: OT: Valhalla DSP

Thanks for the review Dell. I've been looking at these for a while myself.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Blog Entries

Philip,

At $50.00US/$63.19CDN a plug-in, and for what you get, it is very reasonable.

As an interesting side note, I had the opportunity of playing a $25,000.00 steel-string acoustic guitar a few weeks back, and I must admit, I really did not see where the extra money went into this particular build. I also recently took my $3500.00 Larrivee steel-string acoustic and replaced it with a $900.00 Yamaha steel-string acoustic, the LJ16. Why? Because the Yamaha makes me want to play more! It is a simply as that!

It is the same with the Valhalla plug-ins.

Thumbs up Re: OT: Valhalla DSP

I love this reverb.. :-)
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

I have it on my SAC System since Vallhalla Room was released. Great Reverb Sounds, causing no Problems in SAC.

Best Wishes, Andreas

Quote Originally Posted by TomyN View Post
    I love this reverb.. :-)
    Rig: Silverstone gd01sr Case, Asrock H55m LE Mobo, Intel Core i5 661, 4 MB Kingston Ram, IntelĀ® Graphics Media Accelerator HD, 500GB Samsung HD, Motu 424 PCIe, 2 x Motu 2408 MK3, 6 x ADA8000 (modded power supply and remoteable gains), 2 x Appsys ADX 64pro, 2 x BCF 2000, Motu Fast Lane Midi Interface

By the way, thanks for showing it to me.
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

Blog Entries

Hello,

If you have a peep at the Valhalla KVR Forum, you will find a ZIP file there where I have compiled all of the user presets from the forum.

Here is the link: Valhalla KVR Forum, vRoom Presets

Also, I have make a note on that forum regarding some minor issues that I have with vRoom.

See here: vRoom Suggestions

I will have to test those3 again. I had them working a couple of years ago, but i got a few SAC lockups. Not acceptable at a live show. I can test them here at the house for a while and see what happens.

Blog Entries

dbarrow,

Well, all l that I can say is that I have putting vRoom through its paces the past few days - and no problems whatsoever.

I do notice that on the larger presets, I do get the occasional one slipped buffer.

However, I do not plan on using these presets, so I should not have - or am expecting, any other issues.

What a great sounding reverb!!!

PS: The ZOOM UAC-8 is working just great as well!