I have been buying additional Waves plugins of late as they have some good specials and have discovered that extracting them for Sawstudio has become problematic. I use the process that is posted on this forum and it has worked well for a number of years until now.

In short:
- Download licences/files using Waves central
- Copy the WavesShell-VST.dll file into Sawstudio folder,
- Drag the "WavesShell-VST.dll " from the SawStudio VSTPlugins folder onto the "Shell2VST.exe"
- A folder is created with all the plugin dll files
- Copy those files into the VST_Plugins folder.

I purchased a new plugin yesterday and found that this process only worked for some plugins files. That is, the WavesShell-VST9.91.dll file which previously worked fine did not contain all of the plugin dlls I had purchased. The problem was that the plugins that were not included stopped working and would lock up Sawstudio. Yeah, great!

So after a lot of trial and error and ripping out what hair I have left, I discovered that the dlls for the remaining plugins was contained in a second Waveshell file, WavesShell2-VST9.91.dll. Go figure.

So now I have to extract new dlls from two waveshell files. I posted this just in case anyone else here runs into a similar problem.

Cheers everyone