Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default OT: ZOOM UAC 8 and Electric Guitars

Hello,

I purchased a ZOOM UAC-8 back in September of this year. The unit has never been on the road and has only had occasional use since it was originally purchased.

Yesterday, I booted my rig and discovered that CH4 was not displaying input. After many various checks, it has been determined that CH 4 is "dead".

Talking with the folks at ZOOM was a bit disconcerting in that they really do not seem to be at all too concerned about this.

Thankfully, I purchased an extended warranty that allows me to either replace the unit or exchange it for something else - which is what I am now considering.

Though the ADA-8000's/ADA8200's are no where near the price of some of these other units, they do appear to have a better track record.

So...I am back to "square one" and I would like your input.

What I do require is the following:

Something with ADAT IN and OUT to use with my RME HDSP 9652
    8 channels IN
    2-4 channels OUT
    I require one HI-Z input for an electric guitar, one line input channel for an electric piano, and 6 phantom-powered inputs.
    Headphone outputs would be nice
    Master monitor control would be nice as well

The use of HI-Z negates the use of the ADA-8000's/ADA8200's as I would prefer not to have resort using an adapter of some sort between the electric guitar and the input on the interface.

Therefore I have been looking at "reasonably-priced" interfaces that have at least one HI-Z input. However, I have had two units thus far that have not proved to be all the successful, the Focusrite Saffire PRO40 and the ZOOM UAC-8.

Any assistance that any may provide would be extremely helpful and very much appreciated.

Thank you.
    Last edited by mr_es335; 11-13-2017 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Updates