Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Save An EQ Setting For Future Use?

Hello again, all.

I said I wouldn't be bothering you all so much once I got a little more comfortable with this new incarnation of SAW. Well, sometime this past week, I hit that point and I'm really starting to enjoy using it now.

However, there's one little thing that's gnawing at me. In my old version of SAW, there was an easy way to save an EQ setting for retrieval later. For example, once I put together the perfect setting for a particular voice artist, I could save it and call it up every time that person sent me a track. I've searched for a way to do this in SAW Basic, even read the manual again, and I simply can't find it. I must be stoooopid.

Anyway, can you help?

(Also, I've never resolved the buffer underrun errors and the lag in the mouse when I try to right click and stop a track. Still, having gotten used to these things, I LOVE this software!)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Save An EQ Setting For Future Use?

Tom,

Please read page 183 in the SAWStudio User Manual, "16.1.4 Channel Store and Recall"...

That should do it...as long as I am understanding you correctly.

Blog Entries

Also to get up and running fast in SAW/MWS there no better place to go than www.learnsawstudio.com

Alt-right-click on the mixer channel with the EQ setting of interest and behold a whole bunch of options. Not sure if you can save just an EQ setting, though. Hopefully, the manual will tell you, since none of us will.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Alt-right-click on the mixer channel with the EQ setting of interest and behold a whole bunch of options. Not sure if you can save just an EQ setting, though. Hopefully, the manual will tell you, since none of us will.
    I tried doing this with a Basic Demo version I have from 2014 and there isn't a right-click menu to be had in it.
    Was that added after 2014 in the Basic version, or is it just not available in the Demo?

The Channel Store and Recall Alt+right click menu is not available in SawStudio Basic, I've always thought that the memory cells were just temporary or maybe session specific.

What you can do however, is insert the built in Saw EQ plugin onto the vocal track, then manually copy the channel EQ settings to it, then click on the blue tri-angle, that will open a context menu that will allow you to save the settings for later recall on a fresh instance of the plugin in a different session.
    Shawn...

You can use the Mix Template option to preset a session template and then apply that to any new session... this saves the track layout, labels, all eq and dynamics settings... even plugins like reverbs and so forth.

Or... look into the Automation Gallery view... here you can create all kinds of processing settings and save them as entries which can be applied to any track at any time in any session.

Bob L

Blog Entries

Tom,

Shawn stated:
    "The Channel Store and Recall Alt+right click menu is not available in SawStudio Basic"

...I wish that Tom had stated that a the outset.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Tom,

Shawn stated:
    "The Channel Store and Recall Alt+right click menu is not available in SawStudio Basic"

...I wish that Tom had stated that a the outset.
    My guess is that he didn't know that to be the case (or more precisely, he didn't remember how to do what he wanted to do), and thus his starting the thread.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Cheez...you guys could have just said "no."