Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: OT: Behringer ADA's versus Everything else...

Hello,

So, I managed to obtain a Digimax FS, and I would appreciate someone assisting me in getting all to work as it should.

RME HDSP 9652 using the latest Totalmix.
    My last settings were, 44.1 using the RME set to Internal.

Thank you.
    Last edited by mr_es335; 11-24-2017 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    Yes I'm aware of that, but the hum is present and when the AC voltage is dropped the hum increases. Without a schematic I can only guess as to the reason but it leads me to believe there is still something falling out of regulation sufficient to get into the output stage of the ADA.

I actually purchased a spare 8200 to tear apart and reverse engineer at least part of the schematics to try and identify why the hum is present.

I have also been looking at how to add a buffered mic split and need the input stage schematics to determine the best way to incorporate the additional circuitry.
    well, falling out of regulation would deliver the switching frequency not the mains frequency. But lower voltage means higher current, which would point to an inductive coupling, so I'd rather take a look on the wires that carry the mains voltage (inside and outside of the device).
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Hello,

So, I managed to obtain a Digimax FS, and I would appreciate someone assisting me in getting all to work as it should.

RMD HDP 9652 using the latest Totalmix.
    My last settings were, 44.1 using the RME set to Internal.

Thank you.
    I think you meant to type RME HDSP 9652 - so I will go with that.

If the FS is the only preamp I have hooked up to the 9652 (the RME Digiface in my case), I'd use a pair of ADAT/Toslink cables to the ADAT I/O (or just the ADAT out of the FS to the In of the 9652 works for simple send the mics/lines to the pc routing), a pair of BNC cables to the I/O for word clock/sync and I'd let the RME stay master and set the FS to external.

I've always sync'd from WC and have always done fine with the looped cables with the RME gear, as opposed to using a T-bar connector and terminator as I've often read about. That would be an option at the FS Input side (from the 9652 Out), if you felt the need to only run one cable and terminator.

I'd set the RME software to sync from/to WC, with the card as master - as mentioned.

It should work great for you, I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by TomyN View Post
    well, falling out of regulation would deliver the switching frequency not the mains frequency. But lower voltage means higher current, which would point to an inductive coupling, so I'd rather take a look on the wires that carry the mains voltage (inside and outside of the device).
    This presumes the entire power supply is a switcher (it may be a hybrid).

When I have time to do a schematic I'll have more information.

Would of coarse be simpler if Behringer would just supply the schematics but they are unwilling to assist with this issue.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Blog Entries

UpTilDawn,
    ...a pair of BNC cables to the I/O for word clock/sync and I'd let the RME stay master and set the FS to external. I've always sync'd from WC and have always done fine with the looped cables with the RME gear, as opposed to using a T-bar connector and terminator as I've often read about. That would be an option at the FS Input side (from the 9652 Out), if you felt the need to only run one cable and terminator. I'd set the RME software to sync from/to WC, with the card as master - as mentioned.It should work great for you, I'd imagine.
    ...The computer is 1U so no add-on card is permitted - so no BNC. Therefore, I gather that the FS will have to be the master?

UpTilDawn,
    ...The computer is 1U so no add-on card is permitted - so no BNC. Therefore, I gather that the FS will have to be the master?
    Didn't realize the main card doesn't have BNC.....
    I think you should be able to keep the RME master and sync to ADAT for the FS as external.
    Making the FS master isn't necessary and it works better for settings in SAW/SAC if the RME is master.

Blog Entries

Hello,

I normally have RME set to Internal, but I have been unable to get this work.

Hello,

I normally have RME set to Internal, but I have been unable to get this work.
    I don't understand what's not working... it won't sync? You're not getting audio into the pc?

Have you checked in the RME forum - https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewforum.php?id=16

I ran across one single sentence suggestion - indicating that someone needed to check the ADAT out, because it might be on spdif and not ADAT. This solved the person's problem immediately, evidently, who wasn't getting audio on his first 8 channels for some reason. It was odd to me and worth mentioning, because there was just the op's first question and the moderator's one sentence reply, which resulted in an immediate fix for the op! Might be worth a look, if audio not passing is the problem.

Anyway, that's just a stab in the dark, since I don't understand what's not working in your case.

Blog Entries

Hello,

Is there a problem having the FS as the master?

Attachment 2699

Hello,

Is there a problem having the FS as the master?
    I imagine not, if it's working that way.
    Somebody else would have more specific knowledge of the ins and outs of it, for sure.
    My recollection is that it can be a hassle with the need to specify what the sample rate is supposed to be in SAW (probably SAC too), whenever/if it should be changed. That would be because the 9652 isn't controlling it and doesn't automatically convey the (or any) changes to the daw. That's just how I understand it - I may be wrong.

There might be something, too, about the possible difference in quality design and the ability to play master or slave reliably. RME supposedly would be the superior player.