Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: What happened to SAC?

Great news, Bob. I'm excited to see what you come out with.

And great to see some familiar names here in this thread. Happy New Year to you all.

Cheers,
    Ira
    Currently using:
    T43p Thinkpad w/XP SP3 for FOH, Subs and Front Fill Mixes (20% CPU load);
    T500 Thinkpad w/Win7 SP1 for 6 Monitor Mixes (15% CPU load)
    Running at 2x32
    2 Digifaces, 1 w/CardBus, 1 w/ExpressCard
    3-Octamic-D for mic inputs - using the dual outputs to split the ADAT signal to the Digifaces;
    1-RME ADI-8 Pro for all FOH sends; 1-RME ADI-8 Pro for all Monitor sends;

2. Default Re: What happened to SAC?

Fantastic news about the upgrades, Bob! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    While the sites are being re-done and moved, you can still purchase SAC from my PayPal account... send me an email for details if interested.

Finishing up the 64 bit versions of SAC and SAWStudio.

Bob L
    Alright!!
    You are awesome, Bob.
    Thank-you so much for the expansion into the 64bit world.
    I look forward to upgrading.
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

Thank you Bob, awesome. Wow. I was happy to ride into the sunset with SS as is, but this is greatly appreciated, I trust that there will be real advantages to the new architecture if you are undertaking the task. Best wishes, grateful for your hard work, always.

WOW WOW WOW - wonderful news - thanks so much Bob.
    Denis Hillman
    Queensland
    Australia

I'm a little late seeing this, but so, so happy!

I've been looking at other software thinking I would have to make a change and haven't found anything that I like as well as SS. I am really glad to be able to continue using it!

Thanks Bob!!

SP

Blog Entries

Scott,

Two questions:
    You stated, "I've been looking at other software thinking I would have to make a change..."
    Q1: May I ask why you feel you would need "to make a change"? Just curious?

You then stated, "...and haven't found anything that I like as well as SS."
    Q2: Even if SAW and SAC were not upgraded, would they not still continue to function to the point where they would do pretty much anything we wanted - or needed, to do? Again, just curious?
    Last edited by mr_es335; 08-11-2018 at 07:26 AM.

Sorry to be so slow. I'm just seeing this.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Scott,

Two questions:
    You stated, "I've been looking at other software thinking I would have to make a change..."
    Q1: May I ask why you feel you would need "to make a change"? Just curious?

You then stated, "...and haven't found anything that I like as well as SS."
    Q2: Even if SAW and SAC were not upgraded, would they not still continue to function to the point where they would do pretty much anything we wanted - or needed, to do? Again, just curious?
    My concerns were primarily that, as Windows advances, there would come a time sooner than later that SS wouldn't work. I've seen a few minor glitches with it Win7, and heard of others having more in Win 10. I'm sure that things have been worked out. But, with a report for 64 bit comes, I'm sure, some minor adjustments to make it behave with more recent Windows OS. I have plug-ins that I would like to to update, but can't because they will not function in Win XP, which I am currently using. I hope to get a Win 7 machine soon and update those. KNowing that Bob is updating to keep up with later versions of Windows is encouraging.

If Bob wasn't going to do updates, and he had no plans for further support, I would be looking into other DAWs so that I could update other tools that I use like RX, etc., that are critical to my work. So, no it would no longer do what I need for it to do.

I have Win 7 on my laptops that I use for tracking on location sessions, and it works just fine, with only minor graphics issues that I could likely fix if they bothered me much. But, my desktop in the studio is XP. Sooner or later it will have to go to 7, 10 or higher. I would like to not have to track down glitches. I never have before with SS, which is one of a number of reasons that like it so much. With it being re-ported for 64 bit. I am hoping that it will make my transition easier.

During much of the year, I am working way too many hours to have to install SS on another machine, install all of the various plug-ins, then track down some minor glitches an fix those as well. I need to be able to do as I have done in the past and just install and go.

Hope I made some sense here.
    Scott
    Last edited by Scott P; 10-17-2018 at 02:33 PM.