Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: OT: Can you plug a standard 1/8-inch TRS plug into a...

Yeah, I saw that. Some reactions:

1) does not make me optimistic about the cross-compatibility question
    2) this would add, what, another inch-and-a-half to my current three-plus inch plug/adapter chain?
    3) diggin' the beige
    4) pricey (I would need at least two for this kit, three with a back-up)
    5) no better way to encourage intermittent connections than by putting several adapters in series
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Dave,

Then YOU should call them...as they stated to me, "the plunge" - as you stated it, is exactly the same.

I see four choices:

1) obtain a device with the proper plug
    2) obtain the adapter as Stashu mentioned - even though this does not really make any sense.
    3) replace the jack on the end of the existing cable for the threaded one - this is what I would do - bout only for the sake of security unless you find some other way of doing this.
    4) leave it a it is

Dave, for your interest, I noticed that the DigiMax FS uses a threaded plug for the power connection TO these devices. However, the replacement ones Presonus suggests do not have this threaded plug. However, they use the same plug - just without the threaded portion. The same logic applies to your situation..

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Dave,

Then YOU should call them...as they stated to me, "the plunge" - as you stated it, is exactly the same.

I see four choices:

1) obtain a device with the proper plug
    2) obtain the adapter as Stashu mentioned - even though this does not really make any sense.
    3) replace the jack on the end of the existing cable for the threaded one - this is what I would do - bout only for the sake of security unless you find some other way of doing this.
    4) leave it a it is

Dave, for your interest, I noticed that the DigiMax FS uses a threaded plug for the power connection TO these devices. However, the replacement ones Presonus suggests do not have this threaded plug. However, they use the same plug - just without the threaded portion. The same logic applies to your situation..
    Right. Then there's this: http://www.sawstudiouser.com/forums/...154#post214154

Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts