Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: New PreSonus StudioLive 16,24,32 Channel Rackmount Digital Mixer

  1. #1

  2. Default Re: New PreSonus StudioLive 16,24,32 Channel Rackmount Digital Mixer

    The thread below talks about using these boxes with Dante. I don't think I pasted the thread correctly but you can search and find it. You would need to spend more money to get set up with the Dante cards. I think there are other threads also on using them.



    http://www.sawstudiouser.com/forums/...ferrerid=60145

  3. Default Re: New PreSonus StudioLive 16,24,32 Channel Rackmount Digital Mixer

    I would rather look into the PreSonus Quantum Interface. Remoteable Preamps, it can be daisy chained and is just the fastest audio interface I'm aware of-->

    watch


  4. #4

    Default Re: New PreSonus StudioLive 16,24,32 Channel Rackmount Digital Mixer

    These mixers do not support Dante. A Dante card is available for the presonus ai range of mixers.

  5. Default Re: New PreSonus StudioLive 16,24,32 Channel Rackmount Digital Mixer

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattseymour View Post
    These mixers do not support Dante. A Dante card is available for the presonus ai range of mixers.
    Correct, DANTE is available for the Presonus RM mixers.

    The newer SL III Rackmixers have AVB, which connects really nice with newer Macs via Ethernet. But to my knowledge there is no stable AVB solution for windows computers.
    What is available is this-->
    streamware-nic-1

    and this
    hono_avb_vsc.htm

    Due to the guys from the Avid Forum (Avid uses AVB too) none of these solutions work to get AVB Audio into a PC.
    Too bad, I just got one of these StudioLive 24R Rackmixers. It is a nice unit, but ihmo its AVB port won't work with windows.
    http://echoavb.com/products/streamware-nic-1http://echoavb.com/products/streamware-nic-1


  6. #6

    Default Re: New PreSonus StudioLive 16,24,32 Channel Rackmount Digital Mixer

    Personally,

    I think that a new network protocol should evolve from all these bull..... connections.
    1 CAT5 ultimate connection will be born soon or later as the market is crowded with these nonsense's that actually drive the
    industry to converters signals from A type connections to B type connection and so on.To many of us,it has no logic as it is the
    same bull...... as the the current money and currency system on the planet. Hope It will go into history very soon, as the US is
    still trying to hold onto a $$$ as most of the businesses gain their benefits from the taxing system.
    All this DANTE, AVB, MADI, blabalabl is just a momentary thing to keep the market going and make people spend more cash or credits
    for systems that will fall off very soon. Sure, it's a great opportunity for few, but really for few.... those that'll harvest the benefits
    upon your as..s.

    Hmmmmm...
    What we could do about it???


    Let's see... 1. Do you want SAC controlled preamps?
    2. Do you want better plugins for SAC - tested and Dedicated????
    3. Do you want a better GUI? Android app?
    4. Do you want a Graphic Eq, Custom layout, USB recording???
    5. Multi network , IP audio, saleable console .........
    6. Do you custom low cost , professional controller?
    7. Customer support from heaven and non expensive products?


    Darn I want all that!!!!! Though I don't mind spending 100000 dollar on controller but I see no logic!!!!
    I want even more and I guess that I'm not alone here!!! Of course, we all know that Bob can not do all this on his own....
    He needs a team, a hard core dedicated team that will give at least daily 30min or 1h help for the company to reboot itself.
    If you want all this and even more, we need to team up. I have seen some very techy people around, that are CEOs, company owners yet!!!!!! I've never seen more IS IT FOR FREE peolpe in my life!!!!

    Let's COMMIT!
    Let's make a great product, that will stand tall besides AVID, WAVES, and the rest of the junk out there!
    There's a market out there for a 10x better product that any of the brands have today, plus it is not DSP based, can be expend it
    in a matter of seconds! You could use it with a laptop, Server PC or with a control surface from the Future....

    I suppose that You all know, that all this can be done in max 1 year, if we all team up, find some guys around the world that would put the effort into a project like this one (Honestly, I know so many programmers that would like to get involved in a project like this for free, just to gain knowledge besides their own field of work, as they want to spend quality free time and not waste it, watching football or basketball.... )

    Comment of all sorts are Welcome.
    Cheers

  7. #7

    Default Re: New PreSonus StudioLive 16,24,32 Channel Rackmount Digital Mixer

    1) Well, I'm using my SAC preamp - plugin to controll my preamps :-)
    2) All I need live is available and stable
    3) No. Window's tabletts are cheap nowerdays
    4) No. I do not want USB recording running parallel to the mixing engine. I use TapeIt which works very fine (and as I assume would work onto USB also).
    5) ??? If you want a console, then buy one. There are enough consoles available for (nearly) all needs and price-ranges.
    6) The hardware is there ( x-touch for example), just some other templates would be nice
    7) Dream on... Do you want somebody doing your job fine and cheaper?

    Tomy
    Last edited by TomyN; 12-23-2017 at 09:11 AM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: New PreSonus StudioLive 16,24,32 Channel Rackmount Digital Mixer

    Quote Originally Posted by operationwhat View Post
    Personally,

    I think that a new network protocol should evolve from all these bull..... connections.
    1 CAT5 ultimate connection will be born soon or later as the market is crowded with these nonsense's that actually drive the
    industry to converters signals from A type connections to B type connection and so on.To many of us,it has no logic as it is the
    same bull...... as the the current money and currency system on the planet. Hope It will go into history very soon, as the US is
    still trying to hold onto a $$$ as most of the businesses gain their benefits from the taxing system.
    All this DANTE, AVB, MADI, blabalabl is just a momentary thing to keep the market going and make people spend more cash or credits
    for systems that will fall off very soon. Sure, it's a great opportunity for few, but really for few.... those that'll harvest the benefits
    upon your as..s.
    You misunderstand how these protocols come to be and why a few exist. Dante probably does what you want, in that it provides a way of moving high quality audio over a network with low latency. It***8217;s by far the best system of its type I***8217;ve used. Because it***8217;s provided by a third party, everyone can support it and true cross vendor systems are made possible. Dante is the most modern and is really the only choice for any new deployments as far as I***8217;m concerned. AVB is a dead protocol, but presonus, motu, avid and some other big names have stuck with it so who knows.

    Dante doesn***8217;t provide preamp control. It never promised to, neither did AVB or MADI or any of the audio transports. Your xlr cable doesn***8217;t provide preamp control either.

    Thats a a different matter and requires everyone to implement an agreed protocol for preamp controls. It***8217;s hardly in the interest of Yamaha to allow you to directly control your Behringer preamps from the yammy console is it, why would they do that?

    Quote Originally Posted by operationwhat View Post
    Hmmmmm...
    What we could do about it???


    Let's see... 1. Do you want SAC controlled preamps?
    2. Do you want better plugins for SAC - tested and Dedicated????
    3. Do you want a better GUI? Android app?
    4. Do you want a Graphic Eq, Custom layout, USB recording???
    5. Multi network , IP audio, saleable console .........
    6. Do you custom low cost , professional controller?
    7. Customer support from heaven and non expensive products?


    Darn I want all that!!!!! Though I don't mind spending 100000 dollar on controller but I see no logic!!!!
    I want even more and I guess that I'm not alone here!!! Of course, we all know that Bob can not do all this on his own....
    He needs a team, a hard core dedicated team that will give at least daily 30min or 1h help for the company to reboot itself.
    If you want all this and even more, we need to team up. I have seen some very techy people around, that are CEOs, company owners yet!!!!!! I've never seen more IS IT FOR FREE peolpe in my life!!!!

    Let's COMMIT!
    Let's make a great product, that will stand tall besides AVID, WAVES, and the rest of the junk out there!
    There's a market out there for a 10x better product that any of the brands have today, plus it is not DSP based, can be expend it
    in a matter of seconds! You could use it with a laptop, Server PC or with a control surface from the Future....

    I suppose that You all know, that all this can be done in max 1 year, if we all team up, find some guys around the world that would put the effort into a project like this one (Honestly, I know so many programmers that would like to get involved in a project like this for free, just to gain knowledge besides their own field of work, as they want to spend quality free time and not waste it, watching football or basketball.... )

    Comment of all sorts are Welcome.
    Cheers
    The products that are fully integrated and do everything your asking for exist. You might not like them, you may not want to/be able to pay for them, but that***8217;s a different matter.

    allen and heath dLive gives you flexible stage boxes with a choice of well built controllers, the ability to support external connection to an fx host such as a waves sound grid server.

    I happen to dislike the dLive, but it***8217;s a very flexible system. Bottom line is you seem to talk as if there***8217;s a perfect option out there. There isn***8217;t. There are lots of tools and you choose the one you like most / can afford that***8217;s best for the job you***8217;re doing.

    SAC has always had the caveat that you need to know what you***8217;re doing and be prepared to build your rig up. You get great flexibility that way, but has limitations like any system.

    The idea that something can be done quickly if only people put some effort in is just not realistic. To quote someone (I forget who) most people overestimate what they can do in a year but underestimate what they can achieve in 10.

    SAC could, having had the right investment, have been a big player now. It isn***8217;t. It probably never will be, but who knows what amazing deal Bob may have cut in the background.
    Last edited by Mattseymour; 12-23-2017 at 02:28 PM.

  9. #9

    Default Re: New PreSonus StudioLive 16,24,32 Channel Rackmount Digital Mixer

    Dude, I like your enthusiasm, but itís my opinion that you are enthusiastically hitching your team to a carriage that you can no longer get parts for.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •