Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "Elements" G-EQ, Gverb, Gigaverb - NEW SAW NATIVE PLUGINS freeware in 2017!

Greeting SAWyers - long time since I last posted - but just wanted to give everyone the heads up that in a google search for new plugins I found third party SAW Native plugins that I was completely unaware of before - that seems were just developed and released this year - currently available as freeware. This is heartening to see since the previously last third party created SAW native processing plugins were issued around 2009.

http://elements.byethost3.com/plugins.html

Just choose the "SAW/SAC" download links and it brings up zip folders containing different versions for SAW and SAC. The SAW versions all are fully automateable - the SAC versions are not.

The G-EQ is a 6 band parametric eq (providing bells only) with what appears to be using the same (or at least very similar) algorithm that the SAW built in eq's and the JMS Audioware Hi-res eq do. The advantage to this one over these other eq's - for those that like to have super fine resolution for their choices (or to just cause themselves "option anxiety") - is that the gains are tweakable in as little as 0.1dB steps, frequencies can be changed down to the single Hz, and Q can be adjusted in 0.01 steps. The gui also allows you to grab a point and create eq shapes quickly with the mouse.
    While it is labeled as a "demo" it is fully functioning and the "Buy" link currently is not working. If there is any one noticeable downside to the plugin is that there is no overall bypass button (you can bypass each individual band though) - but for free it certainly makes a great addition to the toolbox.

The Gigaverb is a port of an open source algorithm that allows for huge ambient spaces - again fully automateable in the SAW version.
    The Gverb is a port of an open source algorithm with low cpu use as a basic general reverb - also fully automateable.

These plugins do not have automatic installers - to install them
    - Extract the zipped files
    -Copy the dll file to "Native_PlugIns" folder of your SAWStudio or SAC installation;
    -Open "SAWStudioFX_Native.ini" or "SAC_FX_Native.ini" file located in "Native_PlugIns" folder, in text editor;
    -Add line containing the plugin name ("GEq_SAW.dll" or "GEq_SAW_demo.dll", etc.), followed by carriage return;
    -The plugin should appear in application's plugin list on next start.

I tested these plugins on my Windows 7 (Pro sp1 64bit) SAWStudio 5.6 rig and had no problems with them.

Happy Holidays, Chanukah Sameach, and Merry Christmas to All!

Best regards,
    Steve Berson
    Last edited by TotalSonic; 12-10-2017 at 10:31 AM.

Default Re: "Elements" G-EQ, Gverb, Gigaverb - NEW SAW NATIVE PLUGINS freeware in 2017!

Steve, great to hear from you! Hope things are going well. And thanks for the exciting news about the plug-ins.

Default Re: "Elements" G-EQ, Gverb, Gigaverb - NEW SAW NATIVE PLUGINS freeware in 2017!

Great find, Steve. Thank you. And the explanations are appreciated as well. Good to see you here again.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.

Crazy that these things can spring into existence without any mention (till now) on the fora!

Thanks, Steve!
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Hello,

Did anyone see a guy in a red suit just zip by?

He was saying, "What! No cookies! And I am not talking about the Internet ones?"

Thanks, Steve.

PS: I did send the developer/porter a global "Thank You" from us...I hope that no one minds? Very thoughtful indeed!
    Last edited by mr_es335; 12-09-2017 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Hello,
    <SNIP>
    PS: I did send the developer/porter a global "Thank You" from us...I hope that no one minds? Very thoughtful indeed!
    Great idea, Dell. Thanks!
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.

Did anybody check out the advantages of the SAC Versions?
    For example:
    are the SAC Versions fully remoteable?
    Do you see the the FFT of the EQ on Remote?
    THX for testing it.

Best Wishes
    Andreas
    Rig: Silverstone gd01sr Case, Asrock H55m LE Mobo, Intel Core i5 661, 4 MB Kingston Ram, IntelĀ® Graphics Media Accelerator HD, 500GB Samsung HD, Motu 424 PCIe, 2 x Motu 2408 MK3, 6 x ADA8000 (modded power supply and remoteable gains), 2 x Appsys ADX 64pro, 2 x BCF 2000, Motu Fast Lane Midi Interface

Steve!

How great. I'm looking forward to trying them out!
    Angie Dickinson Mickle

The Studio
    http://www.avocadoproductions.com/ze.../recording.htm

Chris' tribute site
    http://www.micklesong.com

Great idea to send a thanks to the developer - I am going to do this today myself. And very glad these might be of value to others here as well. As far as me - I am doing great, thanks much. I moved to just north of Austin Texas 3-1/2 years ago to a property where I have my mastering studio on a detached building right next to my home - and my daughter has been providing me lots of joy every day, really fun to watch her growing up. Still using SAWStudio every single day and have been working on lots of rewarding projects. Hope everyone else is doing equally well and very glad to see this forum still going on.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson

Thanks Steve