Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Color coded mixer?

Tom,

The colour-coded mixer would be more appropriate in maintaining consistency between the two applications. And since the code has already been implemented in SAC, it should not be too difficult to implement that feature in SAW.

As the current means of "scrolling" is consistent between the two applications - and, as the current scrolling method is working and working very well as it is, I personally would not see a need to change this feature-set.

Note: Though many apparently find the current usage of SAC and SAW different from conventional Windows usage, once you get used to the way in which SAC and SAW function, in the end, it really does work very well indeed!

This being said Tom, why not poll your suggestion and see what outcome that would produce.
    Last edited by mr_es335; 02-12-2018 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    Yes, and as I said, I've been pretending that works just fine for me, but it doesn't. I want my scroll bar back or I am going to start a national organization to lobby for its immediate return!
    Should that lobby thing not work out -- have you tried zooming out, moving the cursor, then zooming back in? Faster than a scroll bar if you use your mouse wheel for zooming.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

I made a screen shot of the scroll bar I am talking about, but I had to do it at work, because that's where I keep my only copy of SAWse. Unfortunately, I ran out of time to post it here, so I will do it tomorrow. I'm sure you will all agree that it is super cool and you will certainly want to join my coalition!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Should that lobby thing not work out -- have you tried zooming out, moving the cursor, then zooming back in? Faster than a scroll bar if you use your mouse wheel for zooming.
    Not that I disagree with you, Dave, when working on a desktop computer, or have an external mouse attached to a laptop. But zooming and scrolling are both somewhat of a pain on the Lenovo ThinkPad I sometimes use that has no mouse w/scroll wheel and no number keypad. Even the special FN key combination doesn't work with the number keys to zoom in SAW... at least not for me.

If I want those functions, I am forced to hook up an external device. Usually to save space, I do without and use the zoom buttons on the bottom left of the MT, which I do not find convenient.

I'm not necessarily a fan of the scroll bars being added (you'd need both horizontal and vertical I think), but I'm just pointing out my observations about the "convenience" factor when there is no mouse and number keypad.

Look, guys. I love yaz all, but I'm not buying any of these arguments about the current scrolling method being anywhere near as convenient as - let alone superior to - the old scroll bar. If Bob doesn't want to put it back, that's his choice. But the next time I'm right-clicking and dragging and the damned thing just isn't catching (as it very often does not), I'm gonna be cursing ALL of ya!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UpTilDawn View Post
    Not that I disagree with you, Dave, when working on a desktop computer, or have an external mouse attached to a laptop. But zooming and scrolling are both somewhat of a pain on the Lenovo ThinkPad I sometimes use that has no mouse w/scroll wheel and no number keypad. Even the special FN key combination doesn't work with the number keys to zoom in SAW... at least not for me.

If I want those functions, I am forced to hook up an external device. Usually to save space, I do without and use the zoom buttons on the bottom left of the MT, which I do not find convenient.

I'm not necessarily a fan of the scroll bars being added (you'd need both horizontal and vertical I think), but I'm just pointing out my observations about the "convenience" factor when there is no mouse and number keypad.
    I can't imagine trying to work in SAW without a mouse. I would never try such a thing. Well, actually, I have -- and it sucks! Why on earth would anyone want to do that? I just don't see it having a happy ending. Ever.

As the great sage once said (or maybe it was the punchline in an old joke about a guy seeing his doctor), "Don't do that."
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    Look, guys. I love yaz all, but I'm not buying any of these arguments about the current scrolling method being anywhere near as convenient as - let alone superior to - the old scroll bar. If Bob doesn't want to put it back, that's his choice. But the next time I'm right-clicking and dragging and the damned thing just isn't catching (as it very often does not), I'm gonna be cursing ALL of ya!!!!!!
    If "the damned thing just isn't catching," you have a bad mouse. If you have a bad mouse, I don't see the scroll bar working any better for you. As Socrates once said (or was it Plato?), "Don't do that."

That said, I know we all have our preferences. But, as with the guys who still think they need a scrub feature, I have some judgments about some guys.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    I can't imagine trying to work in SAW without a mouse. I would never try such a thing. Well, actually, I have -- and it sucks! Why on earth would anyone want to do that? I just don't see it having a happy ending. Ever.

As the great sage once said (or maybe it was the punchline in an old joke about a guy seeing his doctor), "Don't do that."
    I do have the touchpad - well the little red dot thing that I actually like - and the left and right click buttons....... just no scroll wheel. That does suck when using SAW and SAC.

OK, the attachment shows the scroll bar I am talking about, just in case anyone is confused as to what I am so passionate about. This thing works perfectly, 100% of the time. It's a no-brainer!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Smile Re: Color coded mixer?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Possibly... like in SAC.

Bob L
    Is this still something one can look forward to ? Curious