Hello,

To keep Richard's "OT: A post of appreciation" less cluttered...I though it might be appropriate to address this issues in a separate posting?

As far as I understand it, SAC and SAW are meant to "work together". This being said, Bob's "SAWStudio Live Sessions" videos are pretty amazing - and all performed on SAW alone!

I always use both SAC and SAW together, but am primarily using SAW for backing tracks. I use the Control Track to control scene changes in SAC.

I have just begun recording in SAW - and still have just a bit of learning curve as I am new to recording in general. So, I guess I have really been "board-less" since the day I started using RML software. And I must say, I do not miss it at all!

Q1: What hardware interfaces are you using?
R1: I am using an RME HDP 9652 with two Presonus DigiMax FS's. I use 1x64.

Q2: How does what you're using handle round trip latency for things like monitoring effects, etc.?
R2: Not the best to answer this one...but I have never had any issues with latency thus far.
Note: As an interesting "test" though, I did insert 32 instances of Overloud's TH3 before my system locked-up. I can actually run 20 instances without issues.

As a "point of interest" - though I will be definitely obtaining the 64-bit versions of SAC and SAW, I really wonder if anyone will be able to hear any difference. Other than being able to use 64-bit plug-ins - I am very curious to see what other benefits 64-bit will provide. I use the 32-bit plug-in of TH3, but have tested the 64-bit standalone and other than the 64-bit version loading a bit quicker - I have not been able to hear any difference "sonically" - if this is the correct term to use here.