Close

Default how to get the iZotope RX6 plugins working with SAW

Greetings SAWyers -
    Just a heads up to anyone else who might, like myself, upgrade to the latest version of iZotope RX (6.00) and want to use the VST plugins within SAWStudio - after some experimenting I got things to finally work.
    Here's how I did it ->

* When setting up the install - choose to put the 32bit VST 2.4 plugins into the C:\SAWStudio\VST_PlugIns folder
    * Authorize RX6 by opening up the RX6 Audio Editor, entering your serial # and choosing the authorization type (either activated to the computer or to an iLok)
    * REMOVE or delete the following plugins out of your C:\SAWStudio\VST_PlugIns folder (as leaving any of them in there will CRASH SAW and make it unable to launch):
    RX 6 Connect.dll
    RX 6 Monitor.dll
    RX 6 Spectral De-noise.dll
    * SAW will now launch fine.
    * When loading these plugins choose the ones that are listed as "RX 6***" - NOT the redundant ones that say "iZRX6 ***"

Best regards,
    Steve Berson

Default Re: how to get the iZotope RX6 plugins working with SAW

Perhaps you might be better off simply letting it install where it wants and just using the .ini method to point to where they are... then there should be no interaction with the particular dlls that are causing your crash.

Bob L

The last round of iZotope upgrades (Ozone is guilty too) seem to have involved the proliferation of dlls. This requires you to weed out some which appear in the list of FX choices but which don't actually launch the plug-in. The plug-ins will work but, as Steve points out, a bit of housekeeping is required. This is the case even if, as I did, you let the program install in its preferred locations.

If you want to use the Spectral Denoise, jBridge will wrap the 64bit versions successfully.
    Michael McInnis Productions