Close

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: How To Save My Buffer Settings

Is it possible that this is more of a Windows thing than a Bob thing?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Tom

I believe that these are issues that you will have to take up with Bob directly.
    Agreed. When he responded to this thread by announcing a SAW update, I figured I had his ear, which is why I tried to make some simple suggestions regarding little details that made older versions of SAW much easier to use. Unfortunately, several people jumped on me and started coming up with solutions that involve 2 or 3 steps instead of the one step they took before, effectively trivializing my suggestions and making it appear that I was just being lazy.

SAW is a fantastic program, but I think it could be even better if certain features of older versions were revisited for the coming update. 'Nuff said...now Bob can do what he wants.

Blog Entries

Tom,
    Unfortunately, several people jumped on me and started coming up with solutions...effectively trivializing my suggestions and making it appear that I was just being lazy.
    ...Tom...in all due respect, I sincerely believe that no one here was "jumping on you" or "effectively trivializing my suggestions and making it appear that I was just being lazy".

My suggestions were to help you in the interim and were never intended in any way whatsoever to infer that you were lazy!

As to "effectively trivializing your suggestions" I am not sure how this could be inferred from the replies. Your comments and suggestions are still there, and I am sure that they are noted.

Most, if not all of us here, are sincere helpers and wish no harm to anyone who posts on this forum.

We hear you, Tom. It's frustrating when you have a process worked out and something external breaks it.

I apologize. I missed the fact that you were trying to get files into the Regions View, not the MT. In fact, I'd never noticed the "Add SoundFile as Region" option on the File menu. I've never wanted to create a region that wasn't also in the MT, but it sounds important for your work.

It seems to me that having your folder of audio files open in the Library view is as easy as, or perhaps easier than, clicking File | Add SF as Region, because the library view stays open, is only an F-Key away, and the cursor stays on the last file you highlighted. If "Add SoundFile as Region" became an option in the Library view, would that do what you want?
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

The Library Link option adds the soundfile to the Regions view directly... try that.

Bob L

First off, sorry for my outburst. As I think some of you see now, I get very frustrated when something works great, someone changes it (perhaps inadvertently), and then everyone trips all over themselves trying to figure out a workaround. If it wasn't broken, why fix it?

Bob: I think I noted in a previous post that I figured out how to import multiple files into Library View, then Link them to Regions View. That's fine, but why the extra step? Why can't I just import multiple files right into Regions View if that's the view that makes my work easiest?

I understand if there is a technical reason this can't be done, but I had to suggest it just because it seems like such an obvious tweak that could make your excellent program even better.

The normal file diaolg window is a Windows controlled object and it changes with different Windows updates and versions... its programming is not fun, especially if you try to use more complex things like multiple file links.

My Library view is something I can control and so I placed the multiple file choice and control there, so it stays the way I program it without being dependent on which version and update of Windows you are running.

Bob L

Bob:

Thanks for your reply. We're confusing a couple of issues here.

The "multiple files" issue is one I have always wondered about, but I have NEVER been able to select multiple files and import them into Regions View all at once. I appreciate your explanation and I understand now why it can't be done.

On the other hand, I was always able to select a single file, open it as a region, then return to its exact point in the list of files so I can easily select the next one. The example I gave above was selecting "Vocal 1" then wanting to also select "Vocal 2," the next file, alphabetically in my folder. In SAWse, after opening "Vocal 1," my cursor would go right back to "Vocal 1" so I could scroll down one file and find "Vocal 2." Now the cursor goes back to the beginning of the list (the "A's") and I have to scroll all the way down to the "V's" again. This gets to be a nuisance if I need to open and import, say, 10 or 15 "Vocal" tracks at a time.

THIS is a feature I wish you could bring back. If Windows makes it impossible, i understand. But if not, I think it'd be a kick-butt improvement to the current version of SAW!
    Last edited by Tom M; 01-24-2018 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Hello,

Can anyone else confirm that:

1) The Help File does not work in Windows 10?
    2) The "roll-over" function does not work in Windows 10?

Just curious...thank you.
    I can't confirm either. They both work for me.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

I am in the middle of my first session using the "Library" option some have suggested. Toying around with it and selecting one folder at a time worked well enough, but today, I added one folder, searched for another folder that contained additional files I need, added that folder, and ...it totally wiped all the tracks I had imported from the first folder.

I don't have time to screw around with this now, but this is not acceptable as a solution. If anyone can tell me I did something wrong and explain what it was, I would like to deal with it later.

Thanks.