Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default How To Save My Buffer Settings

Hello again, all.

I haven't asked a question in a while, so forgive me for asking one that might seem lame to some of you. If you don't feel like answering, please resist the temptation to tell me to "look it up in the user guide" and, instead, simply ignore this post. I've just spent about twenty minutes trying to find my answer in the guide and would not be here begging if I had found it.

Can someone please just tell me where to save the settings for my buffers in SAW Basic? In all the time I have used SAW with my FocusRite Solo, I have never permanently solved the overrun/underrun errors that pop up all the time. I managed to get SAW running without errors for about a month, but now they are back. I have set my buffers to "6" both In and Out (not even sure what that all means) and I want to make sure it sticks. The "3" setting many of you suggested to eliminate some delay issues I was having just doesn't work for playback.

I know the option to lock in the buffer settings is in the File menu, but which option is it?

Thank you, and Happy New Year to all.

Default Re: How To Save My Buffer Settings

File/Preferences/Save Default

That's what works in the full version, and I would not be surprised if it was the same in Basic

HTH
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"
    www.chinesepuzzlerecording.com

Blog Entries

Hello,

It is the same in Basic...File > Preferences > Save Default.

For-your-interest, see User Manual, Version 5.6, page 40.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    For-your-interest, see User Manual, Version 5.6, page 40.
    PS: The version of the manual I have - and the one I keep getting every time I re-download - is Version 2.6.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    PS: The version of the manual I have - and the one I keep getting every time I re-download - is Version 2.6.
    Maybe he's thinking of SAW Full, which is in version 5.6?

Blog Entries

Hello,

I have a copy of Basic 2.2...no manual...but here is the text from the help file:

Preferences FileThe following sub-menu choices are available Preferences File options:
    * Open
    This option opens an existing Preferences configuration file and re-initializes the program to those settings.
    * Save
    This option saves the current program setup as a .PRF file. This is handy for saving different configurations or sound card setups for different project types.
    * Save Default
    This option saves the current setup as the default Preferences for when the program starts.

F Use this option each time you change a global setting or option that you wish to retain each time you start the program.
    * Clear Default
    This clears the default Preferences file and SAWStudioBasic will revert back to its internal defaults.

Thanks, Dell.

My other problem, which I have mentioned here before, is that my Help File within SAW basic does not work. Neither does my "roll-over" function. Apparently, this has been an issue with Windows 10.

TM

Blog Entries

TM,

What version of Basic are you using? The current version is 2.6.

This "issue" was resolved in later editions of SAW and SAC.

You can download the demo here ... and use the .chm file from that the help file.

Hope this helps?

I am using Version 2.6 with Windows 10 (having done all the tweaks suggested), and I swear to you the Help file does not work for me.