Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: How To Save My Buffer Settings

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    I am using Version 2.6 with Windows 10 (having done all the tweaks suggested), and I swear to you the Help file does not work for me.
    You can download the pdf version of SawStudio on the RLM website. It's what I've done.
    Regards

Blog Entries

Hello,

Can anyone else confirm that:

1) The Help File does not work in Windows 10?
    2) The "roll-over" function does not work in Windows 10?

Just curious...thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Hello,

Can anyone else confirm that:

1) The Help File does not work in Windows 10?
    2) The "roll-over" function does not work in Windows 10?

Just curious...thank you.
    Back in April of 2017, when I first reported the problem, Bob sent me the following:

:::::I've noticed that the "hh.exe" (html help) program sometimes gets stuck in the task manager processes... sometimes in Win 8 and 10 it does not close properly. Try ending that task if you see it stuck in the task manager... then the helpfile will probably open again.:::::::

Bob's advice worked for me once, maybe twice. But now, it has been months since I've been able to open the Help file.

I have a new update for all SAWStudio versions that should fix the helpfile issue in Win 8 and 10... as well as a few other things.

Coming very soon.

Bob L

Awesome. Can you also bring back these features:

1. When searching for sound files to add to the MT, my old version (SAWse) would return you to the last position in the folder you were searching. For example, if I wanted to add "Voiceover1.wav," I would scroll down the list and find "Voiceover1.wav" and add it. Then, when I went to add "Voiceover2.wav" (the next file on the list) SAWse would bring me right back to "Voiceover1.wav," from where I could just scroll down one file to get it. In SAW Basic, every time I want to search for a new file, it takes me back to the beginning of the list, so I'd have to scroll all the way down to the "V's" again. This gets cumbersome when you are adding 25-30 files.

2. Better yet, can you make it so you can select multiple files to add to the MT at one time? That would be a HUUUUUGE time saver!!!

Lucky for you, I am waiving my consulting fee this one time.

Looking forward to seeing the new update Bob. Really excited for 64 bit Saw.

Awesome. Can you also bring back these features:

1. When searching for sound files to add to the MT, my old version (SAWse) would return you to the last position in the folder you were searching. For example, if I wanted to add "Voiceover1.wav," I would scroll down the list and find "Voiceover1.wav" and add it. Then, when I went to add "Voiceover2.wav" (the next file on the list) SAWse would bring me right back to "Voiceover1.wav," from where I could just scroll down one file to get it. In SAW Basic, every time I want to search for a new file, it takes me back to the beginning of the list, so I'd have to scroll all the way down to the "V's" again. This gets cumbersome when you are adding 25-30 files.

2. Better yet, can you make it so you can select multiple files to add to the MT at one time? That would be a HUUUUUGE time saver!!!

Lucky for you, I am waiving my consulting fee this one time.
    I think the Library View will do what you want.
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Alexander View Post
    I think the Library View will do what you want.
    Never heard of that, but will look into it this afternoon!

Bob:

Also, while I am on a roll,

1. In SAW Basic, when you place one file on Track One and another, longer file on Track Two, then mute the one on Track Two, then build the mix to a new sound file, the file will take on the length of the LONGER file, even if it's muted. This means I have to slice extra length off the finished file. In SAWse, the finished file was exactly as long as the tracks that WERE NOT muted. I'd love to see this fixed.

2. In SAWse, it used to be easy to trim or edit a sound file right in the Sound File view. You would basically just mark the section you needed to edit, then apply the edit. Now, the fastest way I have found to edit a sound file is to import it as a region, perform the edit, then rebuild the sound file. Seems like an unnecessary waste of time. I'm sure someone here will point out that I can find a better way buried somewhere in the pdf, but I liked the OLD way!

Gotta say, though. I still LOVE this software!

Bob:

Also, while I am on a roll,

1. In SAW Basic, when you place one file on Track One and another, longer file on Track Two, then mute the one on Track Two, then build the mix to a new sound file, the file will take on the length of the LONGER file, even if it's muted. This means I have to slice extra length off the finished file. In SAWse, the finished file was exactly as long as the tracks that WERE NOT muted. I'd love to see this fixed...
    In Saw Lite and Full, you could build mix of just the length of the shorter track in one of two ways.
    If the track consists of one continuous region, use Ctrl/B from anywhere on the region, with the track as the HOT track, to select the entire region from start to end. You can also do this on any single region length anywhere within a project and process just that one region, or multiple tracks of that timeline area.

The other way, in your two track example, would be to select only track one by blackening the channel number on the left of the MT view (not from a mixer view). This will build mix of only the selected track across the entire length and up to the end of the last region on ONLY that track - You can also select multiple channels by blackening their respective numbers. This will build mix of only those selected channels across the entire length of what is contained on only those selected channels.

A third way is possible, where you would use a combination of selecting a channel, or channels (blackening the number, NOT with the Select button) and also Marking an area of the timeline, either with Ctrl/B on a particular region, or by using the B and E keys to mark an area of the MT across the timeline length you wish to build mix of. This is very useful when wanting only one section of a multi-section project... like one song of an album project, for instance.

I would assume these methods all work in Basic. You might try and I hope they work.