Close

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Default Re: How To Save My Buffer Settings

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Tom -- I know it's frustrating, but consider that having all the capability of the full version of SAWStudio (including six library views) does not in any way disadvantage you (other than cost, conceivably).
    Nah, I like the simplicity of SAW Basic, and I don't WANT any more windows open. I just want to be able to import multiple files into the REGIONS window (which is the window I have used all these years to gather my files) at one time. This option doesn't exist, nobody here seems to think that's a big deal, and Bob says it can't be done with the limitations of Windows. So that's the way it goes.

While I'm grateful that people have taken time to present alternatives, every alternative seems to involve extra work or extra clutter on the screen. Upgrading to another version of SAW will just add more knobs and distractions to the otherwise lean and mean SAW desktop I have always tried to maintain.

Thanks again, Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    Nah, I like the simplicity of SAW Basic, and I don't WANT any more windows open. I just want to be able to import multiple files into the REGIONS window (which is the window I have used all these years to gather my files) at one time. This option doesn't exist, nobody here seems to think that's a big deal, and Bob says it can't be done with the limitations of Windows. So that's the way it goes.

While I'm grateful that people have taken time to present alternatives, every alternative seems to involve extra work or extra clutter on the screen. Upgrading to another version of SAW will just add more knobs and distractions to the otherwise lean and mean SAW desktop I have always tried to maintain.

Thanks again, Dave.
    Well, here is another workaround you may want to consider. Create a folder in file explorer exclusively for your project and copy all the files you want to use to that folder. Then use the Library view in SAWStudio to open that folder and add them to the regions list.

Upgrading your version of SS will not add extra clutter if you don't want it. Customizing F-keys will bring forward or hide windows as you choose.
    Angie Dickinson Mickle

The Studio
    http://www.avocadoproductions.com/ze.../recording.htm

Chris' tribute site
    http://www.micklesong.com

Thanks, Angie, but you're repeating the same advice that has already been given here.

I do not want to copy my entire music folder (several gb) every time I do a production. Nor do I want to copy the generic announcement folder (also several gb) over and over.

As I said in my last post, what I want, I can't have, and none of the workarounds save any time or any hassle. Let's just bury this now!

FOLLOW-UP LATER IN THE DAY: Sorry, again, for coming across like an angry jerk about this, but in their willingness and efforts to help, many people are missing the whole point of my comments. This tends to happen when someone reads the first few posts, is inspired to contribute, then fires off a reply before checking the rest of the thread to see if the issue has been resolved or if the comment they are about to make has already been made. I'm definitely guilty of that myself!

Anyway, I really think this thread is exhausted now. In fact, now that I've looked at the title again, I just realized my initial question was about something totally unrelated to the "multiple files" issue!
    Last edited by Tom M; 02-20-2018 at 03:09 PM. Reason: I Don't Want To Come Off Like A D-ck

I don't want to go to the airport, I don't want to buy a ticket, I just want to fly!

Quote Originally Posted by ambler View Post
    I don't want to go to the airport, I don't want to buy a ticket, I just want to fly!
    Ah, then you need JetPack BETA v0.8.

And a helmet.
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

Thanks again, Dave.
    You're welcome, Tom. FWIW, Angie's llast point is right on. It seems that the functionality you want (and lack of clutter) is available to you by upgrading your SAW license. Unless I'm missing something.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

This does exist and you've been given the method to do it.

Open a library view to the folder of files you want to import.

Import the entire folder to the regions list, or shift/Command click (I don't remember which one) the files you want and import those (All at once)

Then move onto the next folder of files.

You don't have to import each file one at a time.
    Last edited by cgrafx; 02-23-2018 at 10:35 AM.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    ...Then move onto the next folder of files.

You don't have to import each file one at a time.
    Phil: I don't know why that doesn't work for me. When I "move on to the next folder of files," the initial folder of files I imported into the Library View disappears. If this weren't the case, I would have continued to use Library View and this whole cockemamy issue would have been resolved many, many posts ago.

Thanks anyway.

(Please do not think I am ignoring anyone's advice here. I have tried every single suggestion thrown at me. If people don't want to believe me or don't trust that I know what I'm doing, that's understandable, but it's another story altogether.)

Tom M
    Last edited by Tom M; 02-23-2018 at 11:30 AM.

Blog Entries

Tom,

As a suggestion, it looks like you might have "other issues" going on, and it may be helpful to have someone "remote-in" and have a look-see at your system?

Give it a thought anyhow.

Phil: I don't know why that doesn't work for me. When I "move on to the next folder of files," the initial folder of files I imported into the Library View disappears. If this weren't the case, I would have continued to use Library View and this whole cockemamy issue would have been resolved many, many posts ago.

Thanks anyway.

(Please do not think I am ignoring anyone's advice here. I have tried every single suggestion thrown at me. If people don't want to believe me or don't trust that I know what I'm doing, that's understandable, but it's another story altogether.)

Tom M
    The library view is just a place to look at files. you have to import them from the library view into the regions view. Its a two step procedure.

1. Open a library window to see all the files in a specific folder.
    2. Select the files in the Library view that you want to import and click the "LINK" button them to add them to the regions window or click on "File -> add to multitrack" to add them to your timeline (moving stuff directly to the multi-track will also add them to the regions view).
    3. Go back to your library view and navigate to the next folder of files you want access to.
    4. repeat step 2.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by cgrafx; 02-23-2018 at 03:02 PM.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.