Close

Default Phantom region extensions...

I am working on an old edl that was originally created in SawPro and converted to Saw Studio using SS's conversion utility. I was outputting a DME mix and the client reported some overlaps in the dialog. Looking into the problem, I thought that my soundcard might have been contributing to a problem with drift. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Looking at the regions themselves, I noticed that there is some additional length to the regions that I think is throwing off the sync between the tracks. The regions seem to have a black line at the end of them. I have attached an image with these lines indicated.

Have you seen this before and what can I do to fix it?

Name:  Saw Studio.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  20.5 KBName:  Saw Studio 2.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  9.7 KB
    Eric Baesel

Default Re: Phantom region extensions...

Update. Evidently trying to move the regions to another track causes them to "snap" to a shorter length and the black lines are gone. Weird. I don't want to have to do this to all of the regions, there're are a lot of them. But I want to know what happened and how to look for it in the future.
    Eric Baesel

Quote Originally Posted by Seancom View Post
    Update. Evidently trying to move the regions to another track causes them to "snap" to a shorter length and the black lines are gone. Weird. I don't want to have to do this to all of the regions, there're are a lot of them. But I want to know what happened and how to look for it in the future.
    try selecting all the tracks and move them one track down and then back and see if it will snap all of them in one go.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Yeah, that worked like a charm. Not sure why it's happening, but at least it's a quick fix. Thanks.
    Eric Baesel