Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Behringer 2000 64 bit driver with SS?

I am in the process of setting up my new 64 bot studio computer, and AMD setup with Win10 (perhaps more details later). I just hooked up my BCF2000 and installed the 64 bit driver for it. Saw Studio sees the driver in the midi device setup, but after that it does NOT see the device when I try to activate the midi controller option. Does anyone know about this, and a possible solution?
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"
    www.chinesepuzzlerecording.com

Default Re: Behringer 2000 64 bit driver with SS?

Quote Originally Posted by Cary B. Cornett View Post
    I am in the process of setting up my new 64 bot studio computer, and AMD setup with Win10 (perhaps more details later). I just hooked up my BCF2000 and installed the 64 bit driver for it. Saw Studio sees the driver in the midi device setup, but after that it does NOT see the device when I try to activate the midi controller option. Does anyone know about this, and a possible solution?
    I'm pretty sure you can't use the 64bit driver yet (SAW STUDIO is currently a 32-bit app). There is currently no reason to use the 64-bit driver for the BCF2000, it will make no difference in any manner, and other 64 bit software should work just fine with the 32-bit driver.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can't use the 64bit driver yet (SAW STUDIO is currently a 32-bit app). There is currently no reason to use the 64-bit driver for the BCF2000, it will make no difference in any manner, and other 64 bit software should work just fine with the 32-bit driver.
    I finally got to try the 32 bit driver. The installer says it will not install on a 64 bit, system, which means the only choice is the 64 bit driver. So, I re-installed it. Fired up SawStudio. The driver shows up in Options > Midi Devices (just as it did before), but when I go to
    SMPTE/Midi > Midi control in active,
    I get the message

MIDI device In driver is currently not available

I need another option, or... is there a patch needed in SawStudio to make this work? With what I'm putting into this upgrade, I need this to be right.

So, I must ask, is anybody getting a BCF2000 working with SS in Windows 10 pro 64 bit, and if so, EXACTLY how did you get it working?
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"

Blog Entries

Cary,

I do not own a BCF2000, but checking the Behringer site, the have two links for the drivers. Both links, as far as I can see, provide the same identical drivers.

However, in the installation package, both the 32-bit and the 64 bit drivers are included and I was able to install both types of drivers under Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. This should work then under Windows 10 as well.

Your can download the drivers here: BCF-2000 Drivers

Note: Are you getting any signature or certificate errors during the install?
    Last edited by mr_es335; 01-22-2018 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Cary,

I do not own a BCF2000, but checking the Behringer site, the have two links for the drivers. Both links, as far as I can see, provide the same identical drivers.

However, in the installation package, both the 32-bit and the 64 bit drivers are included and I was able to install both types of drivers under Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. This should work then under Windows 10 as well.

No signature errors, but I had recently downloaded the drivers (I'll probably check your link to see if they are the same ones), and when I tried to install the 32 bit driver, the installer program refused to install it on a 64 bit system. This was after I had set the compatibility mode to Windows Vista (the recommended choice in the Compatibility tab in Properties), and of course running as Administrator.
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Cary,

I just tried installing the driver package from the link you sent. It starts, gets to a message saying to disconnect and reconnect the device and turn it on. I do so, and the message comes back again. Went back to start with the install procedure, same result: it fails. Are you sure the BCF2000 is one of the devices supported by this package? My BCF has worked fine with other computers, and the 64 bit driver package I tried installing before worked fine with the unit except that SawStudio could not access it as a controller. So far, this is not getting better.
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"

Blog Entries

Cary,
    Are you sure the BCF2000 is one of the devices supported by this package?
    ...I am not sure if I understand what your question is? The drivers are from the Behringer support site...so why should this not be the correct drivers package?

Here is the full download link: BCF-2000

Next update on this issue...

The link you just gave leads to the exact same driver package that won't work with my BCF2000, even though that is where the drilldown leads when I put in the product information.

I have had the BCF2000 working with my Lenovo Ideapad laptop that runs Windows 10 home. I looked up in hardware manager and it tells me the driver I'm using there was supplied by Microsoft. I have a vague memory of the OS automatically searching out the driver the first time I hooked up the BCF to the laptop and turned it on. So, I tried to get my new desktop to search out drivers, but so far no luck, even though I had removed all existing prior driver installs. How do I get that driver so that I can have this thing actually function?
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"

Blog Entries

Cary,

From what I have been able to glean, the BCF-2000 is supposed to use the driver supplied by the OS. If the BCF-2000 is working, as you stated, on the Lenovo, then this is a hardware issues on the other system.

Some questions:
    Are you using a USB 2 port or a USB 3 port to connect the BCF-2000 to?
    What is the name of the specific driver that the Lenovo is using?
    Are you absolutely sure that all of the previous drives have been removed? Here is list of the files:

cmdstudio.cat
    cmdstudio.inf
    cmdstudio.sys
    CMDStudioCpl.exe
    cmdstudiowdm.cat
    cmdstudiowdm.inf
    cmdstudiowdm.sys
    cmdstudiowdm_x64.sys
    cmdstudio_asio.dll
    cmdstudio_asio_x64.dll
    cmdstudio_x64.sys
    dpclat.exe
    setup.exe
    vendor.cer

I would perform a search of the system and in the registry to ensure that all of the above has indeed been removed. What is preferable here is to attempt to get the system back to the state it was in prior to installing the Behringer drivers. If this works, then to let the OS install the drivers and finally to see what occurs for there.

I hope this helps?

First of all, the computer I ended up with was built by me using a ASUS AMD-based mobo (Ryzen processor), so not Lenovo at all. Clean OEM install of Windows 10 Pro. I used the standard removal tool before attempting the re-install of the 64 bit driver. As before, the driver shows up on the options menu midi port selection dialog, and I can make the selections there just fine. It is only in the SMPTE/midi menu, where you can check off enabling input and output for a controller that it can't find anything there.

Windows Device Manager sees the Behringer ports and says they are working properly. I have not yet tried testing with Midi-Ox.

My suspicion is that SawStudio just does not like this particular Midi driver.

I am thinking of finding a class-compliant USB multiple midi port (I need 4 each way to tie my stuff together), and then using MIDI cables to connect the BCF2000 to the port device. If I come up with the means to do that, I will probably report the results.
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"