Close

Default Scheps Omni Channel Strip

Anyone use this plug in? Do you like it? It's on sale right now. I think it is only 64 bit but can it run under SAW?

Name:  2018-01-25 12_10_48-Scheps Omni Channel Strip Plugin _ Waves.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  89.6 KB

Default Re: Scheps Omni Channel Strip

Quote Originally Posted by Dale B View Post
    Anyone use this plug in? Do you like it? It's on sale right now. I think it is only 64 bit but can it run under SAW?

Name:  2018-01-25 12_10_48-Scheps Omni Channel Strip Plugin _ Waves.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  89.6 KB
    Never tried it.

SAW 64-bit (coming soon) should be able to handle it. Though you won't know for sure till you try it.

Meantime, I think you can use 64-bit wrappers like Chainer to make it work in current-day SAWStudio. Others will know more than me about this.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Hello,

This one works just wonderful in SAW . . and SAC too!...

Attachment 2722

PS: I know, I know ...I have too much time on my hands...but I simply could not resist this one...!!! Just-for-interest, from start-to-finish, this took me under 3 minutes to do...

Other than that, the Scheps Omni Channel is only 64-bit.
    Last edited by mr_es335; 01-25-2018 at 02:34 PM.

To be honest the SAC and SAW software works pretty well by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Hello,

This one works just wonderful in SAW . . and SAC too!...

Attachment 2722

PS: I know, I know ...I have too much time on my hands...but I simply could not resist this one...!!! Just-for-interest, from start-to-finish, this took me under 3 minutes to do...

Other than that, the Scheps Omni Channel is only 64-bit.

Blog Entries

Hello,

Dale, I would have to agree with you.

I had a very knowledgeable and experienced audio engineer/acquaintance come over to assist with a few issues last week and, being his third visit here, is becoming more familiar with both SAC and SAW - and he is blown away by the quality of the "stock" software.

Being a rank neophyte, other than a good quality reverb, I really do not understand why you need to go "outside the box" so-to-speak?? Unless I am seriously missing something here?

Bob's EQ's and Compressors are very, very clean. They impart no sound of their own and do exactly and precisely what you need then to do. You need a boost at 80 hz or air at 8k...then you have that. The Waves / Slate Digital EQ's and Compressors are modeled after vintage analog gear. When you boost or cut or compress with these hardware units....you do NOT get a Clean, precise or transparent boost or cut. You get a boost at the desired frequency but also a bunch of distortion, artifacts and signal interactions.

Many folks find this "adds" to the sound. It's certainly the sound we grew up listening to. It's the difference between listening to a song on a CD thru digital power amplification or listening to the same song on vinyl thru an audiophile's Tube power amp and speaker setup.

I've found that I struggle to "hear" Bob's compressor working...compared to an 1176 Plugin emulation. I can hear that. Both are reducing the signal by 8db at a 4:1 ratio...but Bob's does it so cleanly and precisely.

Each has a place. I've chosen to record on a different Platform so that I can use my Waves and Slate Digital plugins with a more predictable stability. I do prefer the SAW workflow in editing though.
    -SAC,SAWStudioLite,Midi Workshop,SATLive, Reaper
    -SAC Host (24 channel): Various Laptops via Digiface into APPSYS Adat extenders into (3) ADA8000,(2) BCF2000 controllers, 1x64 resolution
    -SAC Host (32 Channel): Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz , 4 Gig DDR/800mz RAM, ASUS PK5PL-CM MotherBd,XP Pro SP3, RME Raydat, (4) ADA8000's
    -SAC Remote: Various Tablets via AMPED Router
    -SAW Host : Asus Laptop, i7 12g RAM

I sometimes wish Bob would do a stand-alone version of the Levelizer, that I could use on some of the other programs I use from time to time.

If you want 'another' sound you can look at Mixbus. Even if I'm right with Saw sound, sometimes I want something else and Mixbus makes the job ( now for the NNAM his price is 19,99$ at DontCrack shop). Most of the users consider it like a channel strip for the final mix. And if I prefer to record and to edit in Saw, Mixbus can be a nice alternative for the final mix.
    Regards.

Yea what I was kind of getting at was I use plugins in most cases to add artifacts or distortion back to the tracks so they sound like older analog produced songs. I guess it is what would be called "warms up the sound".

SAC and SAW do a wonderful job by themselves and I have played SAW recorded multi-tracks back through SAC into the FOH and they sound great. It gave the praise band a chance to hear what they sounded like and what the congregation got to hear every Sunday.

I had the SAC/SAW computer set up on one side of me and I was able to change the song slides for the worship songs with my right hand and make small adjustments to the sound using the arrow keys with my left hand. Both at the same time. The arrow keys would allow me to navigate to the channel I wanted and tweak with the up and down arrow keys. I couldn't do that with a traditional board.

Blog Entries

Dale,
    The arrow keys would allow me to navigate to the channel I wanted and tweak with the up and down arrow keys. I couldn't do that with a traditional board.
    ...This is one of the truly great feature-sets of SAW and SAC.

When I am performing a live show, I am able to activate and operate most of the elements using a single hand - then using the arrow keys to make minute changes when needed. Using the arrow keys, along with the F-Key Views, makes SAW and SAC tough to beat in this regard.