Close

1. Default Klark Teknik DN9630

If I get this right, this might be a nice, inexpensive solution to get the Behringer and Midas stageboxes running with SAC-->
    KLARK TEKNIK_DN9630 P0BRT_Product Information Document.pdf

Am I correct, that the ethernet port allows to remote control (gain, +48, phase) the stageboxes?

Default Re: Klark Teknik DN9630

There's a discussion over on the Music Group forum about this unit. I've posted a question regarding the USB to front end latency

https://forum.musictri.be/showthread...371#post139371
    -SAC,SAWStudioLite,Midi Workshop,SATLive, Reaper
    -SAC Host (24 channel): Various Laptops via Digiface into APPSYS Adat extenders into (3) ADA8000,(2) BCF2000 controllers, 1x64 resolution
    -SAC Host (32 Channel): Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz , 4 Gig DDR/800mz RAM, ASUS PK5PL-CM MotherBd,XP Pro SP3, RME Raydat, (4) ADA8000's
    -SAC Remote: Various Tablets via AMPED Router
    -SAW Host : Asus Laptop, i7 12g RAM

3. Default Re: Klark Teknik DN9630

I've read that Musicgroup thread and someone says 10 ms. Don't know if that's true or exactly how that compares to my 1x32 buffer Sac-rig but I guess is that it's too slow and only good for recording. Certainly a little more than the 3x128 samples buffer that Bob recommends for a "live console feel".

Default Re: Klark Teknik DN9630

Quote Originally Posted by Wurst Werner View Post

Am I correct, that the ethernet port allows to remote control (gain, +48, phase) the stageboxes?
    Well, it just states that you can access the 'embedded' Ethernet. No application or api mentioned.
    And what sense does this device make? Recording using your X-32 family equipment? There are easier ways to do it.
    To me it seems to be (the last?) attempt to rescue AES-50 as a 'global' protocol before they'll surrender to Dante.
    For me, that kind of device must have a Lan based connection to the pc (and the possibility to access the data via ASIO).

Tomy
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

5. Default Re: Klark Teknik DN9630

And what sense does this device make? Recording using your X-32 family equipment? There are easier ways to do it.

It tends more to the Midas Pro guys, they don't have the cheap option to record with an build in option card (USB) or such.
    If it uses the same ArchWave or the newer USB driver used in the X-Live card, you can get it down to 6ms for the round trip for sure. But I'm just guessing here.
    And the pdf says "his dedicated and user-transparent 5 Mbit/s fixed bandwidthdata link allows remote control and metering of connected AES50 devices via standard Ethernetcommunication "
    Dunno what that means..but the term "remote control" just triggers me:-)