Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default SAW Studio Locks up when using SAC Link

Saw Studio locks up when using SACLink. Any ideas how to fix this?

Blog Entries

Default Re: SAW Studio Locks up when using SAC Link

Steven,

Not a whole lot to go on here, Steve!

SAW works on its own - correct?
    SAC works on its own - correct?
    Is this the first time SAC Link has been used?

Here is a suggestion:

1. Launch SAW
    2. Disable Activate SAC Link
    3. Save Preferences - SAW
    4. Exit SAW
    5. Launch SAC
    6. Launch SAW
    7. Enable Activate SAC Link

Let me know.

3. Default Re: SAW Studio Locks up when using SAC Link

I’ve done all that. After I record live when I click stop, my computer quits responding and I have to manually turn it off. Is there a keystroke to stop SAWStudio when it locks up? Sorry I don’t have a manual in front of me

Blog Entries

Steven,

I secondly suggest installing the a test version of SAC and SAW and then performing the SAC Link test - just to rule out any issues with the current installation.

Page 22 states:

"2.4.5 Forced Engine Shutdown
    Special code has been added to activate a complete forced Engine Shutdown in the event of a driver or audio engine lockup condition during playback or record. Pressing the [Break] key (labeled "Pause" on many keyboards) will force all engine threads to shutdown in sequence to break the engine out of a locked play loop. A Forced Engine Shutdown message will display on the screen while the program attempts to reset the threads to a stable condition. If the engine is in a locked play condition and you attempt to stop multiple times back to back by normal stop methods, it will force this shutdown routine into action also.
    --> Some keyboards have separate 'Break' and 'Pause' keys, and many laptops may require the use a special function key denotes by color coding on the keyboard. It is recommended that you test this feature on your system during ordinary playback to determine which key or key combination activates this break function, so in the event of a real lockup, you will have a chance for a simple recovery."

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hayes View Post
    I***8217;ve done all that. After I record live when I click stop, my computer quits responding and I have to manually turn it off. Is there a keystroke to stop SAWStudio when it locks up? Sorry I don***8217;t have a manual in front of me
    That's happened to me in the past........ every time it's been because I had the transport buttons visible in SAC and hit the stop button (or space bar) to end the recording. If I, instead, return the view to SAW and then hit stop, SAW never has locked up. Is it possible that's what's happening in your case?

Sorry to not have answered your specific question about a keystroke..... look for something like force engine stop, or something like that in the SAW manual or help file. There's something in SAW to force the engine to stop, although I'm not sure it always worked for me when/if SAW locked up on my old computer. OH! DUH!

See es335's post above.....

6. Default Re: SAW Studio Locks up when using SAC Link

No I always go back to SAW to stop recording. I wish that was it. I’m running at 1/64 buffer size on My card, I’m at a loss I don’t know what is causing this problem

7. Default Re: SAW Studio Locks up when using SAC Link

I’ve tried the new version of SAC and get tons of slipped buffers

8. Default Re: SAW Studio Locks up when using SAC Link

Here’s what I have going on now. From what I can see when testing I can run sac and saw with SACLink running with no slipped buffers but when I change views with Fkeys I get glitches in my audio But show no slipped buffers. Any idea how I can address the glitches when using fkeys?

Blog Entries

Steven,

Do we have specs and usage on your system, such as laptop or desktop, dedicated, multi-use, and so on.

Any time that I have had issues with regards to F-Key 'noises" has been entirely network related.

Check your power management settings for both the network adapter(s) and system.

PS: Has your original issue been resolved?

10. Default Re: SAW Studio Locks up when using SAC Link

The System is strictly used for SAC and SAW, it’s a desktop system which is never connected to the internet. I’ll get the rest of the specs and post them when I get back. In the meantime I’ll check the power options on the network card.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Steven,

Do we have specs and usage on your system, such as laptop or desktop, dedicated, multi-use, and so on.

Any time that I have had issues with regards to F-Key 'noises" has been entirely network related.

Check your power management settings for both the network adapter(s) and system.

PS: Has your original issue been resolved?