Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: SAW Studio Locks up when using SAC Link

Quote Originally Posted by UpTilDawn View Post
    That's happened to me in the past........ every time it's been because I had the transport buttons visible in SAC and hit the stop button (or space bar) to end the recording. If I, instead, return the view to SAW and then hit stop, SAW never has locked up. Is it possible that's what's happening in your case?
    We use SAC/SAW every week at a local church and the above is my experience and the only time I get lockups. Using the remote transport from within SAC is when this occurs consistently. If switch to SAW and hit the STOP button, I am fine. I do believe this has something to do with my SAC session which is pretty complicated. If I create a new simple session in SAC, I can stop the recording within SAC using the remote transport with no lockups. Sometime I will get the chance to rebuild my session from scratch, one piece at a time and see what the culprit is.
    Mike Bizanovich
    Wheeling, WV

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bizanovich View Post
    We use SAC/SAW every week at a local church and the above is my experience and the only time I get lockups. Using the remote transport from within SAC is when this occurs consistently. If switch to SAW and hit the STOP button, I am fine. I do believe this has something to do with my SAC session which is pretty complicated. If I create a new simple session in SAC, I can stop the recording within SAC using the remote transport with no lockups. Sometime I will get the chance to rebuild my session from scratch, one piece at a time and see what the culprit is.
    In my case, I'm very basic in SAC - only the main mixer with a solo and main out assigned and with only channel strip processing. But I may be recording 24-48 tracks in SAW and usually have SAW main out routed back to a SAC input, but even that is rarely used simultaneously with the live SAC inputs.

Once in a while I can stop recording with the transport in/over SAC without the lockup or crash, but the crash/lockup happens that way more often than not. Move the focus back to SAW first and everything is consistently fine.

Audio glitches when using F-keys usually signals a video driver issue... make sure you have the proper video driver... and if you are using Win 7, 8 or 10, make sure to turn off all the fancy transparency display stuff... use the best performance settings in the advanced performance setup of Windows.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hayes View Post
    Saw Studio locks up when using SACLink. Any ideas how to fix this?
    What drive are you recording to? Is it different than where your mix or edl session files are stored? Have you tried different locations or drives?

It's just the first thing that comes to mind. Something crashing while writing/closing the files/headers maybe...