Close

Default very important for me !

Does anyone (Bob, maybe?) know what is the official status of SAC and SAW, in terms of both product and support? Are they closed, abandoned or still evolving?

Is there any future for both?

Default Re: very important for me !

Let not your heart be troubled. 64-bit versions of both are in the works!

I'll be interested to see if SAC is getting any additions or refinements to the program....
    -SAC,SAWStudioLite,Midi Workshop,SATLive, Reaper
    -SAC Host (24 channel): Various Laptops via Digiface into APPSYS Adat extenders into (3) ADA8000,(2) BCF2000 controllers, 1x64 resolution
    -SAC Host (32 Channel): Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz , 4 Gig DDR/800mz RAM, ASUS PK5PL-CM MotherBd,XP Pro SP3, RME Raydat, (4) ADA8000's
    -SAC Remote: Various Tablets via AMPED Router
    -SAW Host : Asus Laptop, i7 12g RAM

Blog Entries

Hello,

Both apps are currently being upgraded to 64-bit.

Bob has posted regarding these changes...see here

This being said, if RML Studios were to "cease to exist", that this would not affect me in the slightest - as both apps are working very well for me.

At the same time, I AM glad to see that RML Studios has NOT "ceased to exist" and I personally do not see this occurring.

Now, it we could only see to it that Bob would get properly remunerated for his efforts in providing us with two of the best audio apps out there, and we were to somehow convince others to discover just how good SAW and SAC really are, then that would be very good thing - would it not?

Hope this helps?
    Last edited by mr_es335; 02-28-2018 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post

Now, it we could only see to it that Bob would get properly remunerated for his efforts in providing us with two of the best audio apps out there, and we were to somehow convince others just how good SAW and SAC really are, then that would be very good thing - would it not?

Oh, believe me, my credit card stands at the ready for the moment when those upgrades are posted.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew b View Post
    Does anyone (Bob, maybe?) know what is the official status of SAC and SAW, in terms of both product and support? Are they closed, abandoned or still evolving?

Is there any future for both?
    To more directly answer your question: I'm not sure what the "official" status is, but it is true that Bob has indicated that 64-bit versions of each are coming soon. That said, I think we all agree that SAWStudio's development, otherwise, has been very slowed in recent years (last update was in late 2016). There may be further development or refinement of the feature set, but I'm not expecting it.

I'm not as abreast on the SAC side of things, but my impression is that it's slowed up over there as well, though SAC's development has been more active more recently (in recent years).

I think Bob has been focusing on other projects -- or maybe he's thinking about retirement. Or both.

He still makes appearances in both forums, but with less frequency than in the past. My guess is that he leaves "the easy stuff" to forum regulars and chimes in when his expertise as the developer can be particularly helpful. And if you're in a real pickle, my guess is you could email or call him directly, and he'd be happy to help.

While sawstudio.com is still operational, softwareaudioconsole.com went away sometime last year, I think.

There have also been hints of a third party adopting SAC in some way, IIRC. That may have inspired the SAC website shut-down, but I don't really know. Not sure what's up with that.

I also don't know what the status is in terms of whether or not one can still buy the software from RML. I think you can, but that it's not through an online storefront anymore. I think you have to send Bob an email.

All that said, as Dell points out, if the programs work for you now, they will probably work for you for a long, long time. Forever, provided your needs don't change.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by CurtZHP View Post
    Oh, believe me, my credit card stands at the ready for the moment when those upgrades are posted.
    Same here!
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com