Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Audiofusion: using you phone as iem-receiver?

It's possible apparently: https://youtu.be/KQvXFo5mNN8 (warning, it's sentiment make you want to puke your guts out ) You can still list up as beta tester. Just wonder what the latency will be as that makes all the difference and I didn't see a way to mix in reverb or other effects but that might be possible. This vid gives some more details on how it works: https://youtu.be/d6ddVXwuBgc

Don't know if it will work for SAC but it should be possible as the audio is already in the pc. I hope it'll be a succes and make the competitors (Shure, Sennheiser, AKG) decrease their prices.

Default Re: Audiofusion: using you phone as iem-receiver?

I haven't been able to figure out how to shut down all incoming messages and notifications - text, email, etc - via cell or WiFi, except to put your phone into Airplane Mode. Which shuts down all WiFi. Which would render this system non-workable. What's the procedure for doing that? I couldn't do it on my Windows phone and now on my Android phone.

Ira
    Currently using:
    T43p Thinkpad w/XP SP3 for FOH, Subs and Front Fill Mixes (20% CPU load);
    T500 Thinkpad w/Win7 SP1 for 6 Monitor Mixes (15% CPU load)
    Running at 2x32
    2 Digifaces, 1 w/CardBus, 1 w/ExpressCard
    3-Octamic-D for mic inputs - using the dual outputs to split the ADAT signal to the Digifaces;
    1-RME ADI-8 Pro for all FOH sends; 1-RME ADI-8 Pro for all Monitor sends;

Quote Originally Posted by IraSeigel View Post
    I haven't been able to figure out how to shut down all incoming messages and notifications - text, email, etc - via cell or WiFi, except to put your phone into Airplane Mode. Which shuts down all WiFi. Which would render this system non-workable. What's the procedure for doing that? I couldn't do it on my Windows phone and now on my Android phone.

Ira
    Ira -- on my Android (Moto Z Play) you can turn WiFi back on after entering Airplane Mode turns it off. I think this is universal behavior for Androids.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Ira -- on my Android (Moto Z Play) you can turn WiFi back on after entering Airplane Mode turns it off. I think this is universal behavior for Androids.
    I think what confuses me is not knowing how to stop incoming emails if I have WiFi on. If cell is off, that kills text messages by default. But emails come thru whenever WiFi is on, don't they? And yes, I know you can turn audible notifications off for incoming emails.
    Currently using:
    T43p Thinkpad w/XP SP3 for FOH, Subs and Front Fill Mixes (20% CPU load);
    T500 Thinkpad w/Win7 SP1 for 6 Monitor Mixes (15% CPU load)
    Running at 2x32
    2 Digifaces, 1 w/CardBus, 1 w/ExpressCard
    3-Octamic-D for mic inputs - using the dual outputs to split the ADAT signal to the Digifaces;
    1-RME ADI-8 Pro for all FOH sends; 1-RME ADI-8 Pro for all Monitor sends;

Quote Originally Posted by IraSeigel View Post
    I think what confuses me is not knowing how to stop incoming emails if I have WiFi on. If cell is off, that kills text messages by default. But emails come thru whenever WiFi is on, don't they? And yes, I know you can turn audible notifications off for incoming emails.
    I suppose you could disable the auto-check-and-download-new-emails feature in your email program, but, having not read any of the info on this new iem-via-your-smartphone system, my guess is that you'll be connected with the proprietary WiFi network used by said system -- so no email to be had. Just glorious audio.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Rein View Post
    It's possible apparently: https://youtu.be/KQvXFo5mNN8 (warning, it's sentiment make you want to puke your guts out ) You can still list up as beta tester. Just wonder what the latency will be as that makes all the difference and I didn't see a way to mix in reverb or other effects but that might be possible. This vid gives some more details on how it works: https://youtu.be/d6ddVXwuBgc

Don't know if it will work for SAC but it should be possible as the audio is already in the pc. I hope it'll be a succes and make the competitors (Shure, Sennheiser, AKG) decrease their prices.
    According to the developer (found this in the Youtube questions/answers):

You can get to single digit millisecond latency in most set ups. It depends largely on the digital mixer or audio interface you use to do the initial A to D conversion to get the audio into the computer.

It's a software-only solution, using your existing audio interface on a computer (and an app on the phones), so it'll broadcast whatever you send it through your ADCs. If you use monitor auxes on your mixer that allow mixing in effects, that's what will go up over WiFi and to your band's smartphones. The only real limitation appears to be whether one's smartphone can provide good, clean power for in-ear headphones. Could be dicey.

Should be available in the next few weeks for Mac/iPad/iPhone. PC/Android is still three-to-four months out, apparently. I think the app is free (or cheap); the head-end software will be $100 per number of in-ear feeds (phones) you want to enable. I assume that means the same number of discrete mixes.

Last edited by Dave Labrecque; 02-12-2018 at 11:01 PM.
    Becket, Massachusetts

In the comment list an FB, the developer said that with the XR18 the lowest setup is 10ms.

Quote Originally Posted by operationwhat View Post
    In the comment list an FB, the developer said that with the XR18 the lowest setup is 10ms.
    That sure doesn't seem to make sense, since the XR18 claims 0.8 ms input to output. Since the connection to the computer is digital (USB) you would think there's no latency being added there. I wonder how he explains it.

I saw this on FB:

Jake Richards What would the setup look like with a behringer xr18?
    And you may have said elsewhere, but what will be the cost of the whole system?

Audio Fusion Systems USB out from the XR18 to your MacBook, Ethernet from the Mac to your Wi-Fi router, Wi-Fi to your iPhone/iPad.

The Performer app is free. We will sell SoundCaster for a one time cost of only $100 per device you want to connect. ($100 per musician)

Couldn't find any reference to 10 ms. You sure? Where?
    Last edited by Dave Labrecque; 02-13-2018 at 06:05 PM.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    I wonder how he explains it.

I saw this on FB:

Jake Richards What would the setup look like with a behringer xr18?
    And you may have said elsewhere, but what will be the cost of the whole system?

Audio Fusion Systems USB out from the XR18 to your MacBook, Ethernet from the Mac to your Wi-Fi router, Wi-Fi to your iPhone/iPad.

The Performer app is free. We will sell SoundCaster for a one time cost of only $100 per device you want to connect. ($100 per musician)

the link:
    https://www.facebook.com/audiofusion...71337109865519

Name:  10ms.jpg
Views: 2175
Size:  19.1 KB

I would never say something that is not true!
    I may assume things, that MAYBE something works like this or that,
    but would never claim something 100%, that was not checked before!!!

Just like in the other thread about the Chainer VST.
    I was wrong, but I never said 100% that there is no latency...just that I
    can't hear it.Didn't took long, other jumped in and explain the "phenomenon".
    Now I know!

Cheers!
    "Be Still and Know"
    Last edited by operationwhat; 02-14-2018 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by operationwhat View Post
    the link:
    https://www.facebook.com/audiofusion...71337109865519

Name:  10ms.jpg
Views: 2175
Size:  19.1 KB

I would never say something that is not true!
    I may assume things, that MAYBE something works like this or that,
    but would never claim something 100%, that was not checked before!!!

Just like in the other thread about the Chainer VST.
    I was wrong, but I never said 100% that there is no latency...just that I
    can't hear it.Didn't took long, other jumped in and explain the "phenomenon".
    Now I know!

Cheers!
    "Be Still and Know"
    Easy, there, fella. We all say things that aren't true. Usually (hopefully), unwittingly. I wasn't implying that you were lying. Have you never made a mistake?

Anyway, you missed the "less than" in his statement: "Our total latency with that system is less than 10 ms." You also left out the WiFi router he uses in the setup. "We use the system pretty regularly with a Behringer XR-18 and a Linksys AC2600." So, the router could be adding more latency than the XR18 for all we know. You said he said the lowest setup with the XR18 is 10 ms. He didn't say that. He said with their particular setup it was less than that.

Thanks for digging up the quote for me. Not sure why I couldn't find it.
    Becket, Massachusetts