Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default OT: Recording in SAW Tutorial

Hello,

I would like to hire someone to produce for me a simply tutorial on recording in SAWStudio.
    Though I have done it, there are a number of points that I fell that am unclear on.
    Also, not knowing just how to ask the proper questions makes it difficult to ascertain just what it is that I may be missing.
    This recording would consist of two guitar parts - as in performing a simple duet using an acoustic guitar with an internal piezzo pickup system.
    The more detail the best, but it can be a simple 1,2,3,4 procedural tutorial.
    Those interested would be remunerated accordingly.
    Thank you to all who respond.
    PS: I have attached a simple outline for those that might find this useful.

Attachment 2739

Default Re: OT: Recording in SAW Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Hello,

I would like to hire someone to produce for me a simply tutorial on recording in SAWStudio.
    Though I have done it, there are a number of points that I fell that am unclear on.
    Also, not knowing just how to ask the proper questions makes it difficult to ascertain just what it is that I may be missing.
    This recording would consist of two guitar parts - as in performing a simple duet using an acoustic guitar with an internal piezzo pickup system.
    The more detail the best, but it can be a simple 1,2,3,4 procedural tutorial.
    Those interested would be remunerated accordingly.
    Thank you to all who respond.
    PS: I have attached a simple outline for those that might find this useful.

Attachment 2739
    Dell, I'd be happy to walk you through stuff over Teamviewer and the phone. Also, have you looked over Microstudio's videos? It should all be there, no?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Dave,

Thanks for the tip on Microstudio's videos...I "plum fergot about 'em".

However, these videos assume considerable knowledge so are not really geared towards the neophyte.

Teamviewer sounds good.

So, what is next?

Dave,

Thanks for the tip on Microstudio's videos...I "plum fergot about 'em".

However, these videos assume considerable knowledge so are not really geared towards the neophyte.

Teamviewer sounds good.

So, what is next?
    To be honest I haven't spent much time with Micro's videos, but my impression was that they are intended for beginners, no?

Let me know when's good for you. I'm available most days, since I work at home. I'll send you an email.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Dave,
    ...but my impression was that they are intended for beginners, no?
    ..."Yes..no they are not...at least from my perspective.

Meaning not harm to Micro, I am sure that he knows his way around SAW, but to be able to teach it...is a completely different thing.

When I teach, I made a concerted effort NOT to assume that someone knows something that I am teaching them. You know what they say about "assuming" something.

I could rattle on this topic for hours, but suffice it to say that I am a firm believer in "instilling in the student the ability for them to think for themselves" - with the sole objective is to have the student be as independent as it is practicably possible.

Hope this all makes sense?

PS: For a bit of side humour here, remember Manuel in his "I know nothing" scene: "I know nothing ... I am from Barcelona"
    Last edited by mr_es335; 02-24-2018 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Update

Blog Entries

I hope you learn everything you need to but after reading your .txt file I am wondering if you have every watched my tutorials? They totally are for beginners and there are even tutorials by bob doing a session that shows you how to record and mix in real time. My tutorials going over everything from how to setup your audio device to rendering your mix and everything in between.

Anyway good luck and make sure to share your music.
    Last edited by Microstudio; 02-26-2018 at 08:45 AM.

PS: For a bit of side humour here, remember Manuel in his "I know nothing" scene: "I know nothing ... I am from Barcelona"
    I think you mean Sgt. Schultz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzsWxPLIOo
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Microstudio,
    Quote Originally Posted by Microstudio View Post
    I hope you learn everything you need to but after reading your .txt file I am wondering if you have every watched my tutorials? They totally are for beginners...
    ...In all due respect, Steve, most of your videos do require previous knowledge.
    PS: I actually purchased these videos on CD before you made them public. Also, as per Dave's suggestion I did revisit them and though helpful, I still found them, from my perspective, wanting.

Apparently, there are those out there who seem to function very well with what I refer to as "assumptive learning"...but I am, most definitely, not one of them.

Bob's tutorials are really good, esp considering he updated the audio, or maybe even train with him:
    http://sawstudio.com/support_training.htm
    Last edited by rEs; 02-26-2018 at 02:03 PM.

Blog Entries

Microstudio,
    ...In all due respect, Steve, most of your videos do require previous knowledge.
    PS: I actually purchased these videos on CD before you made them public. Also, as per Dave's suggestion I did revisit them and though helpful, I still found them, from my perspective, wanting.

Apparently, there are those out there who seem to function very well with what I refer to as "assumptive learning"...but I am, most definitely, not one of them.
    You do mean ,Matt, right? Question you have been using Saw since 2009 surly it is not new to you and you are familiar with it. I guess I am not understanding what you want and your .txt file implies you do not know how to go about recording in saw, is this correct?